Things a little slow right now

Ernie Swanson

SASSY PINK LUUNCHBOX KNIFE MAKER
Well, I have been diagnosed with lateral epicondylitis or tennis elbow.
The doc said it is pretty bad and I have to try to rehabilitate before she wants to try the cortisone shot. If that don't work then i am looking at surgery.:what!:

I am hoping that wearing the brace and taking ibuprofen help.

Its a killer trying to hand sand and holding a blade up at the grinder:sad: I can hand sand for about 20 minutes before I cant take the pain anymore.
I wish I wouldnt have let it go this long, Its been hurting for about 4 months now, but I figured that it was just something stupid.

Ok done venting for now.

Go easy on it and follow doctor's orders, bud. That sounds like the sort of thing that could mess with you the rest of your life if you don't take care of it.

Hang in there bro, we're pulling for you!

Big Ern rest it as much as you can, I'm glad you stated Tennis elbow that other word you used had me really worried about you.

Ernie I had the same thing about 4-5 months ago I couldnt extend my elbow more that 10" even for a while. I didnt go to the doctor My Mother in law is a nurse I just wore that silly brace for about 4-5 weeks and it got about 75% better now its all gone.
Thanks Anthony

Ernie, rest it up, and look at natural alternatives to cortisone shots:
I worked with a guy once, and his shoulder was goin' to heck from working in an auto factory for years (repetitive movements take their toll).
The doc started him on cortisone a couple times a year,and 3 years later, he was going in every couple of weeks...at $200/visit!
Your body will quit manufacturing it's own cortisone when you start on the shots, and you'll require them more and more often.
Heal up brother, I'm sending Good Vibes your way!

Thanks Guys, I am going to take it as easy as I can stand.
I am doing just a bit of knife work and working on my truck a little. That isnt so bad cause I
can baby my right arm. The braces seems to help a little until I hand sand, The tensing in my forearm
is the worst when I am hand sanding.

Hey Ernie
I have done the Rehab and Shots that helps for a while. So then I had Surgery. If you have the surgery listen to the folks at rehab. I Dr Knowitall didn't listen to well still have a little trouble from time to time. Rest and exercise will help do the surgrey at last resort.
Thanks
Eddie

Tennis elbow? Heck Ernie, I didn't even know you play tennis!

All joking aside, I can't say I know how you feel, but I have similar issues. As all of the others have said, just take it easy and rest for a bit. Those blades will be waiting when you get to feeling better. I promise.

Ernie did they tell you to wear the brace at night I have had it/still have it in both arms did the shot once it's not fun so I would avoid it if possible what seems to help me is if I feel it coming on I wear the brace at night it keeps your wrist from moving and this allows the slewing to go down. I was told once that you body does most of it's healing while you sleep. Like Wolf said stay away from the shots I don't think they are good for you long term.

Ernie don't mess with it keep the brace on day and night for the whole time it is a long slow healing process but it works.

LOL, No I do not play tennis............oh wait I do play it on the Wii.....!

Thats not what its from maybe........The doc thinks that its from all my years pretending I am tougher than I am.

Doing stuff like sawing trees, picking up logs, picking up metal everyday thats way to heavy, Pickin up trannys, engine blocks, and
other stupid stuff. It has just caught up to me now.

Thanks for all the replies guys, its really good to know you are all behind me, it helps a lot.
I am liking the cast idea but that would be terrible at work, its hard to tig weld with a cast on.
I will give the brace a try and see how that goes. I dont know how much it will help at work.
Hopefully I heal as fast as I usually do.

...The doc thinks that its from all my years pretending I am tougher than I am.
Doing stuff like sawing trees, picking up logs, picking up metal everyday thats way to heavy, Pickin up trannys, engine blocks, and
other stupid stuff. It has just caught up to me now.

Brother,I hear that loud and clear; the body begins to tell you, in no uncertain terms "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!",lol.
For me,the days of lifting telephone poles on a bet,and running 400lb wheelbarrows of concrete are over...
there's probably a whole bunch of us here who have been too "long on Strong,and short on Smart"
and once you hit 40, it seems to start sneakin' up on ya.
Time to Work Smart,Not Hard.
Heal well,and heal quickly my friend!

I've heard that! Therefore, in a few months I'll be celebrating my 39th birthday... for the second time

It does not help James, that 40 Ironwolf is talking about is very flexible, especialy downwards.

Back