my first build....

rjarois

hello fellas...i am new to knife making, and this is my first knife and sheath build. a friend used to work at a heat treat place that did knife blanks and he gave me a bunch to mess with. i have a bench-top jet belt grinder that uses a 1x42 belt. the handle wood is some mahogany i had laying around. the sheath is .060 Concealex....i just figured i would show, as it's my first build. peace, randy.
IMG_3291.jpg

IMG_3289.jpg

IMG_3293.jpg

Howdy, Randy, very nice work! Welcome to Knife Dogs.

thank you Denny....man your way to kind.... i have to admit being new to this stuff, i made a jig to get the right angle, as i cannot do freehand yet, maybe someday...i got plenty of blanks to be be messin with. maybe i can improve a lil. as of now, i am just giving the first knife away to the fella that gave me the blanks. peace, randy.
IMG_3295.jpg

IMG_3304.jpg

IMG_3300.jpg

Looks great for a first knife and sheath. Keep at it you can only get beter at what you are doing, great work again my man.

Looking good nice form job on the sheath how did you heat treat the blade?

Doug, a friend of mine worked for a heat-treat in Michigan that done heat treat for a company called Olsen knifes. he told me they came in by the tons in big pallet boxes that needed a lift truck to pick up. i am unsure of the material or the hardness, or if the Olsen company is still around. he got them like over 20 years ago. randy.

Back