WD-40 Super Deal !!!

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
How many of you guys use WD-40?

Well, using WD-40 for hand sanding may not be "The Technique" but it is deffinitely "A Technique". I stopped by my local Home Depot this evening to pick up a can of WD-40. I wasn't looking for much but stumbled onto a heck of a deal. They had the "PRO PACK" (6-9.6oz cans) for $6.00. Yes, I said $6.00!!! Needles to say, I picked up two cases.

To top it all off, Home Depot gives me a 10% military discount. :D

Thanks for the heads up Murph! I'm running low on the stuff in general.

James, I love the smell of WD! Nothing quite like it! :p

Good stuff and Great buy!
I used to use wd-40 for everything including starting 2 stroke motorcycles without a carburator. Once we drove a forklift from one end of the lot back to the shop with nothing but wd-40, one guy driving and the other guy hanging on and squirting into the airbox. I think they changed something because it doesnt burn like that anymore. We also blasted flames under the mens room door at times. Mechanics and Knifemakers have a poor sense of humor according to the Shop Foreman.

I'm a Ford mechanic yes we use it to find vacum leaks when theres nothing else around I use it for everything I'd be all over that deal if it wasnt so cheap at work lol.

I just bought some about two weeks ago . I use it all the time for sanding it great stuff. Thanks for the heads up murph......steve

Love WD-40 it has a million uses. Someone must have told Home Depot!

cheaper to use lamp oil or kerosene

IMHO wd40 is a carbonation of overpriced , hyped crap .There are far better penetrating oils that actually have mostly oil in them, there are better water dispersers that actually protect after the flash over time.

cheaper to use lamp oil or kerosene

IMHO wd40 is a carbonation of overpriced , hyped crap .There are far better penetrating oils that actually have mostly oil in them, there are better water dispersers that actually protect after the flash over time.

Simmer down now, youre talking about WD40. the best all around selling lube ever. I use it on everything. Good stuff:9:

Last edited:
Well, there is the right oil or lube for every kind of job, WD40 just happens to be good at such a variety of uses, I catch lots of Sturgeon using WD in my mix for bait. Do not use WD40 on clock works, or it will stop running after it gets gummy......

Well, there is the right oil or lube for every kind of job, WD40 just happens to be good at such a variety of uses, I catch lots of Sturgeon using WD in my mix for bait. Do not use WD40 on clock works, or it will stop running after it gets gummy......

I bet wd40 works better on your clock than sturgeon bait. :happy:

Back