I may have to frame this one

Mike Carter

Receipt2b.jpg

I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation?
Better ask a postal worker, I don't have one. Dozier

I have not contacted the postmaster general yet. The PO is still trying to locate the package. That is the copy of the tracking information that was handed to me by the supervisor at my post office. She really didn't see the problem. After all, it says the package was delivered (just to the wrong location). They only missed it by 1780 miles.

Last edited:
At my old job we once had a whole pallet of stuff get shipped to Wausau, FL instead of to us in Wausau, WI. Totally the carrier's fault. Freight on a thousand pounds of placarded chemicals, all the way back across the country gets PRICY.

Update: The PO found the package and finally got it delivered to correct location. It went 3000 miles to get from Louisville, KY to Elizabethtown, KY (30 miles away).

I do have to say that I am impressed with the follow up of the supervisor at the post office. I didn't have much faith that she was going to do anything at first but she has called me three times to update me on the missing package including calling me a few minutes ago to confirm that it had been delivered. I got no explanation how the screw-up happened but at they got it strightened out.

LOLOL,.. wow. Will wonders never cease? Its the total lack of concern by anyone that makes me laugh,.. every where along the line the person in charge is goin- " Yeah ok, and?"

Been there done that. I sent a package of Kwool from NW. Florida to somewhere up on the east coast close to New Jersey.Can't remember the town but I had never heard of it. Everything from our area that is shipped Parcel Post goes to Jacksonville before shipping out. I figure that's great becuase it needs to go up the coast and that is the cheapest way for such a large package.
I pulled it up on the PC to see wheter its there about the third day and to my surprise it is in Tampa. Instead of turning left, to go up the coast it made a right turn and went down the coast. The funny thing about it there is not a zip in Florida that is close to that number or the name of the town. But it gets there almost two weeks from the date I sent it. Go figure, I thought you had to know how to read to work at the PO! :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Glad the package arrived and hopefully safely.

I cant believe it went that far. Its probably all this automated crap that everyone feels they need to use.
I watched a show about ups and wow a human rarely touches a package. They get scanned and sent down different conveyors to different
trucks, then dumped out onto a conveyor again and scanned to a different truck. It was kinda neat but wow no wonder why unemployment
has rose so high

I always print a mailing label from my computer. I cut and paste the delivery address from the paypal notice or from the customer's email so I don't have a chance to screw it up.

In this case, something clearly went haywire in PO computer system since their own printout of the tracking number on the label they scan shows "destination" and "delivery" to be completely different.

Back