Spivey Sabertooth

Ironlath

Greetings All,
This is my first forum posting and would like to get some input on this knife. www.spiveysabertoothknife.com As a kid growing up in Northern Michigan and an avid outdoors youngster I came across the '69 issue of "Gun World" magazine. It featured the Spivey knife on the cover and I literally slept with it under my pillow until it fell apart. I always wanted to attempt to make one similar but just never had the means. Recently I stumbled upon Mr. Spivey's site and to my amazement it was the knife I had never forgotten after all of these years!

If there are any of you knifeknuts out there that have some additional info or would just like to chime in please do so! :s7426:

Thanks,
Mark

I read about him and his knife years ago, and it goes up at the top of my "Legendary Knives" list!
Some of that is due to the man who conceived it,and his exploits,but also because it's an incredible knife (from all accounts).
I have no personal experience with it, nor do I know anyone who owns one,but man...what a knife!

Jeff Spivey is on the Oklahoma City area. I used to see him at Gun shows dressed up in the 80's. A past owner of H&H gun range used to have a collection of his knives on display all the time. Seen several through the years through a knife dealer friend. Some of the earlier ones were the best. Later ones went plastic handles.
Saw him almost jailed at one show when he played with his gun rig and fired a blank off .

Back