BOWIE DESIGNS-Both Typical and NonTypical Wanted......

S

SAFARIKID

I have seen and owned several variations over the years and am now looking to do another one,maybe in the 10" blade range,rather wide blade,2-3".....What I am trying to imagine is something really different,yet fierce looking! Width,Clip design and length and point placement all have a bearing on this.So,what designs do you have to show me here? (I also like some of the larger fighter designs and spearpoint type blades)
I guess I just want something a tad different and mean in appearance.
I thank you now for posting some of your Bowies that you are so proud of.....:biggrin:
Here is one Unique design I have and 2 others Mike Carter did for me...
DSC06383.jpg

GRIZZKNIFE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is another example of different,though its not a Bowie,it is big n mean lookn!
Knives077.jpg

I am working on one for the Guild Show that you might like. I'll post some pictures when I get it finished in a couple days.

Large Bowie

Poor picture but it's the only one I have handy.
This is a knife I made for my oldest son for his 18th birthday.

18 inches overall
Hollow Ground with a sharpened clip
1095 & Nickel Silver
Forged 416 SS and Brass Guard
416 SS Pommel
Stabilized Redwood Burl handle
Sheath is 9-10oz. Stamped, with a leg belt for a tie down so it's stays where it's supposed to. The swivel allows full leg movement,
icluding sitting, without binding.

Brandon 18.jpg

I got into knife collecting by searching for a knifemaker that would build me my idea of a bowie knife. It all started with a 2" wide blade by Ken Largin in M-2 steel...

DSCN1583.jpg

The next one was very similar by Rob Davidson...

DSCN8697.jpg

Then I asked Bruce Evans if this one would be feasible to make...

DSCN8701.jpg

Ron Leushen had this idea... all I did was send him some poker chips and an old 'pushed-out' coin to play with...

DSCN8703.jpg

Another winner by Ron Leushen...

DSCN1108.jpg

Picked up this beauty from J. Nielson at a Christmas Party hosted by the NJKCA...

DSCN7640.jpg

I picked up this old Spanish folding bowie from e-bay...

DSCN6165-1.jpg

Clydetz I had no idea you collected Bowies. You have been holding out on us! All I had ever seen was your great collection of Bucks.

Clydetz I had no idea you collected Bowies. You have been holding out on us! All I had ever seen was your great collection of Bucks.

When I got 'hooked' up to the internet back in 2002, Mike, my 1st order of business was to find a knifemaker to make a bowie that was 'clogging' up my mind. Custom bowies were my 1st collecting interest until I got sidetracked with those Buck's then miniatures then autos then etc., etc., etc.. Here's a couple more bowies from my early collecting days...

One by Steve Vanderkolff...

DSCN0812.jpg

...and this Ken Davis 16 1/2" chain damascus beauty...

DSCN0810.jpg

Back