Tactical Hunter/Fighter - Sancho

Dwane Oliver

You all know Sancho...he doesn't excel at any one thing , you know just good at everything he does.....and he is sexy enough to steal your wife :sad:

9.5" OAL
5" blade
Alabama Damascus
Chad Nichols Damascus Bolsters
Dovetailed Buffalo Horn handles
Bolted with 8/32 black allen screws
Hand tooled and sewn leather sheath dyed BLACK

Desmoon-1.jpg

Desmoon5.jpg

Desmoon1.jpg

Desmoon2.jpg

Desmoon3.jpg

Ohh , I better get those fingerprints off the handle before I ship it.....never know what he might do with it.

Dwane that is a beauty love the Damascus pattern, the knife shape and the sheath.

Now thats different and very nice indeed! What is the blade width?

Sweet! Steroids come to mind. Did you use stand-offs or thread the tang.

I threaded the tang before HT.

Thanks
Dwane

I used to tap everything too until I tried threaded stand-offs. Its a little more work but if your stand-off is say 1/2" and the tang is 1/4" you recess the hole in the back side of the handle so the 1/8" end of the stand-off fits in and then put your screw in its much stronger, twice as much threads and the scales on pins. Plus the stand-offs are way cheaper than taps. JMHO Plus if down the road a screw comes out the scale will stay tight because its on a pin. Again JMHO.....Roy

I like the thought of having twice as many threads. Taps are relatively cheap in 8/32 and I've never broken one.
Thanks Roy , I may just look for some 8/32 standoffs and give it a try.

Dwane

Good lookin knife Dwane,

When I read the line about Sancho I knew you were OFT (me too). Been teasin my wife about Sancho for years.

Greg

Most excellent piece. How much does this wife stealing of which you speak cost and is there a "no return" guarantee?

Back