Prayers request

C Craft

Prayers request UPDATE!

I have posted this on another knife forum but I figure the more prayers we can get,, the better!

Please say a prayer, not for me but for my wife. She has been sick for nearly a year. We finally after months got a diagnosis as to what is wrong with her. There is not really a cure for it but it can be treated. She is pretty much constantly in pain. So far the doctors have not gotten the right combination of medications but we seem to be getting closer. She has her good days and her bad days, although there are more of the bad.

Last month a routine mammogram revealed something they thought needed to be reviewed. The second mammogram confirmed a mass. After biopsy it came back as a non cancerous calcification. That was a heck of a couple of weeks. We both felt like the condemned man given a reprieve!

We kind of thought the worst might be behind us and now we could deal with the hand dealt us. I had even begun to feel like going to the shop and working on some knife stuff again.

Last week we had to go back and have another ultra sound done on her thyroid to check some masses that appeared in a routine ultra sound done while she was hospitalized early this year. The doctor had basically told her that thyroid cancer was so slow growing that it was not a big deal. However when we went to see him he made the statement that there were two kinds of thyroid cancer. One had almost a 100% cure rate and the other was basically incurable.

The new ultra sound showed the masses have grown and they appear to have irregular edges. I can’t say how much I don’t like the sound of that. They will be scheduling her for biopsy sometime in the next two weeks. She has to be off her heart medication for at least seven days before they will do the biopsy, for fear of excessive bleeding.
Please say a prayer for her that the biopsy comes back negative. I know they say the good Lord won’t give you more than you can handle but I feel like we are both at the end of our ropes here! I do however really believe in the power of prayer.

Thanks,
Cliff

Thanks guys you don't now how much it means to look at this thread and know I got other knifemakers out there that really care. We appreciate all prayers and good thoughts!

Positive thought for your wife! My wife deals with a lot of pain on a daily basis(besides me) and it is heartbreaking that all you can do is try to help comfort them. Take good care of her and yourself.

Pat

Thanks guys you don't now how much it means to look at this thread and know I got other knifemakers out there that really care. We appreciate all prayers and good thoughts!

We are,most all knifemakers,or like myself{a wanta be knifemaker},but the most important thing,we are all BROTHERS,& SISTERS
We will be praying for you both brother.

God bless,Keith

Thanks for everyone's prayers and kind thoughts! They scheduled the wife's biopsy for the 15th of this month, so knowing how things work it will more than likely be the following week before we hear anything.

The wife had her thyroid biopsy done last Wednesday. Of the three areas they were only able to biopsy two as the third was so deep even with repeated attempts they were unable to access it.

They just called a few minutes ago with the results and the biopsies came back cancer free.

Praise the Lord, our prayers and all those who said a prayer for her were answered.

You really don’t know how much the prayers and the well wishing has meant to us. She will have to repeat the ultra sound in six months so as too keep an eye on the three areas!

Thank you evryone!:60:

I had to go back and make sure this got posted. I got the "Turkish Hacker" when I posted this yesterday! Being able to spread the great news and thank all those for their well wishes and prayers meant so much to me and my wife! :35:

Last edited:
Back