Gonna make Ernie mad...

CTaylorJr

My wife designed a knife that she wants to carry in her purse, and the handle is going to be PINK G-10 with a brass strip in the center (length wise).

The lady of the house saw that I was making 2 knives from old files a few weeks ago, and while she was in the shop (garage) one evening she picked up a small bas_tard file and asked if she could use it; of course I said yes...

She came back a bit later with a rough drawn outline (cute little clip point) and asked if I could make it for her and put a pink handle on it... I said YES very quickly! She has since said that she wants a piece of the mokume that Bob and I made (brass and copper) for a guard on it...

The blade is done (a couple of members here have seen it), and now that I have a little time the handle is curing. I have the guard cut out and ready to fit once the handle is complete...

If all goes well I should post this weekend a pic (or pics) of the final product.

Ernie, it isn't a pink lunchbox, but it IS the first pink ANYTHING I have ever made! :lol:

Charlie

Charlie, you're not the only one. I was forced to buy a board of pink G-10 at BLADE and then a board of pink/black layered G-10 at AG's for knives for Nadine. I'll be making a pink or pink/black handled knife soon.

fellas,for future reference,when ordering,or "being forced" to buy any handle material like that,you can call it "Salmon" colored G-10 :3:

How 'bout calling it "Lunch Box G10"? Now that's funny and nobody else would know.

Pat

Back