We have lost one of the great names in knives. R.I.P. Bob Loveless

Mike Carter

I just learned that Bob Loveless passed away this morning at 11:30 AM. He was a pioneer in knifemaking.

Very sad to hear this. Bob was the one I studied the most and recieved the most influence. He will be missed but his legend will live on forever. Prayers go out to his loved ones.

Definitely a man admired by all. As he said in his video, he left a good body of work behind.

His style has had a large influence on what a knife should look like to me.

Sad to know he is gone.

The worst year ever. Chemo, put the dog down yesterday, and now my inspiration passes. My thoughts go out to his family.

He will be sorely missed. Condolences to his family and thank you Mr. Loveless for how you made knives.

RIP Bob...
He wasn't the first that really embodied sharing knife making information but he was one of most visible that way and we all owe him for that.

If I learned anything from Bob, the most important was sharing info with others. He will be missed greatly.

Never had the opportunity to even see his work other than online, but I heard many great things about him!

This is strange, I ordered one of his books yesterday from Jantz...

Charlie

Bob Loveless has passed

I saw it on another forum that Bob Loveless died today at 11:30. Knifemaking has truly lost one of the greatest. At 10:00 pm tonight, EST everyone is invited to grab a glass and raise a toast to Bob.

The Loveless/Barney book was the first thing I ever saw about making knives. I understood none of it. It seemed like magic to me.

Having said that, the mystique of the Lovelss knife has remained for me, if for no other reason than it was that book that started me out.

I saw a number of Loveless knives at a knife show in San Jose many years ago but was not allowed to handle them. I felt somehow removed from the loop of "knowing" why they were so very special.

I remember reading one of Mr. Lovelss' quotes about his knives. He was amazed that people had been buying his mistakes for so long that he had made a living at it.

It seems like the character of the man drove him toward perfection and in the meantime pushed the entire industry to work to that higher ideal.

Small words for a big man.

Amen. God Bless. Safe passage.

Back