My first knife and sheath

rcknives

let me know where I can improve. This is my first knife and sheath.

Attachments

• P8312538.jpg
    P8312538.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 100
  • P8312545.jpg
    P8312545.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 96
  • P8312548.JPG
    P8312548.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 108
  • P8312531.jpg
    P8312531.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 90
It would look a lot better hanging off my belt. ;-)) Great looking knife RCKnives!! The leather work is excellent also. Maybe
a hole in the handle for a thong? What did you use for the scales?

Mike

I used Desert Ironwood Scales on this one
It would look a lot better hanging off my belt. ;-)) Great looking knife RCKnives!! The leather work is excellent also. Maybe
a hole in the handle for a thong? What did you use for the scales?

Mike

If this is your first knife, AMAZING job. Looks beautiful. The handle looks clean and the sheath is nice

Great Work.
I'm on my seventh and still don't look that good.
I have not tried a sheath yet either.
keep them coming, I think you are hooked.

As others have said,if this is your first,...well,
it is much better than any ''first'' I have ever seen.
Keep it up.

God bless,Keith

Brother,the ONLY thing I can think of is maybe the face of the bolsters are a tad too squared (imo)
(but that's just from my personal experience in using a knife,choked right up on it for detail work: yours could be a lil' uncomfortable).
When I build a knife,I grip it in every way I can think of to see how comfortable it is.
In terms of fit and finish...beautiful;you most certainly have the Gift!
The sheath looks well executed and attractive,but from the pics looks like it might a bit hard to withdraw the knife
when on the belt ?
(is there a drain-hole in the toe of the sheath?)
Outstanding work!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip on the bolsters. I'll remeber that for the one im working on know and in fact i did place a small drain hole at the toe end of the sheath. These tips i got from reading ,reading and more reading before i actually started the knife.

brother,I think you're well on your way to becoming a Name in this game,
providing your ability to market yourself is on par with your skill.
In the last 30 years, I can count on one hand,with fingers left over, the number of First Knives I've seen
with that level of excellence in design,fit and finish.
If you execute the business aspect of it as well as your knives,you'll be around for a good long time.
Good on ya!

Thanks for the tip on the bolsters. I'll remeber that for the one im working on know and in fact i did place a small drain hole at the toe end of the sheath. These tips i got from reading ,reading and more reading before i actually started the knife.

My comment regarding the bolsters is just my personal preference,after using a knife that had square-faced bolsters similar to yours,
and finding that it was a little uncomfortable to grip when choked up on.
I've never been a big fan of pouch sheaths because while they are a very secure sheath, when the handle is configured like yours,
I find them awkward to draw without a lanyard (but I don't like relying on a lanyard to draw my knife either).
I put together a "poor man's leather forming press" and posted pics here if you're interested in wet-forming your sheaths;
makes for very secure carry, and looks good too!
Keep up the outstanding work RCK,
I can't wait to see where you go from here!

Back