Introduction and some knives

K

Knifemaker87

Hey everybody,
My knife is Chris Moss, I am a new knifemaker, and am here to learn as much as i can. I make alot of japanese blades, but also try whatever catches my fancy. I mostly stick with fixed blades or short swords, but have a completed two folders and working on my 3rd and 4th currently. I am a machinist at NASA's Langley Research Center, and recently married the most gorgeous girl in the world.

I have a knife up for sale in the "for sale" section, but here are a few other knives i have made.

I was informed about this forum by Lorien, who recently purchased this knife:
volvo019.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

DSC03211.jpg

Chris,
It's great to see ya here in the dog pound ! Your work is inspiring with a refreshing style. I'm planning on doing a carved handle in the near future based largely on inspiration from your carving WIP. Keep up the good work and don't be a stranger !

-Josh

P.S. - I thought perhaps you'ld be interested in this Social Group, http://www.knifedogs.com/group.php?groupid=3

Social Groups can also be found by clicking the "Community" link at the top of the page.

Last edited:
Chris, I love your knives man,, glad your over here. J

Great to see you here, Chris. If you're not familiar with this man's work, keep an eye out. He has a tremendous amount of talent. Great pics!

--nathan

thanks guys!
i need to get this forum set up with notifications. i thought that there were no replys. =(

When i get on a faster connection i will put up some more pictures. I am glad you like them.
thanks for the encouragement!
~Chris

All I can say is WOW. Its funny when you guys say "I am a new maker" and then I scroll down to look at ugly botched blades and see works of art2thumbs

Sweet looking blades and welcome!!

Chris,

Welcome to the pack. I always enjoy seeing your work, it is deffinitely an inspiration. I wish I had had your determination to start out as young as you did. I just sat around dreaming as opposed to making it happen. You will surely be a master one day. Keep up the great work.

Murph

Good to you on board. I see you are from Newport News, I use to live in Norfolk but am now down in N.C.

Wow! Great work, totally inspiring. I'm glad you're here; how about some links to other of your work and the handle carving WIP? That's some great looking cutlery!

Back