California style knives

oldknife

Michael Price replicas, some have been engraved since the pictures were taken of the three all have 44C blades nickel silver fittings, the top one has California abalone panels, next one is mammoth ivory, the next is stabilized mammoth ivory. The knife with the abalone panels was scaled off the original Michael Price knife, may still have some pictures of it, will post if I find them. The other is a double edge 440 C blade mammoth bark scales copper bolsters, copper trim on the nickel silver sheath. Deane

Attachments

• P1010044.jpg
    P1010044.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 33
  • P1010045.jpg
    P1010045.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 37
  • P1010134.jpg
    P1010134.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 55
  • P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 36
  • P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 37
  • P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 37
I've always admired those Price-style single-edged "daggers". Those examples are very nice. Ever consider doing a WIP on the sheaths? (hint-hint)

Thank you, I am very impressed with your bowie, I believe you make your sheath differently than I , the one on the texas bowie has a carbonfiber frame of 1MM with a thin rap. Deane

Thanks, I like to keep the sheaths of a more traditional construction but I also like the way yours came out. The copper fittings that you have applied to your bowie above is very interesting. The more I look at it the more I like it, It has an extruded look to it. Would yo offer how you got the look.

The knife with the copper is probably not a bowie or a california knife, I made it to fit the two little pieces of mammoth bark that I had. The sheath is typical for a california knife, the original's were silver, this one is nickel silver. I can't take credit for the pattern in the copper, it appears it was some kind of a trim molding, am going to have some cast in silver. If you look close at the knife you will see that there are no pins showing, there are pins inside on the bolsters and scals, the bolsters are soldered on and the scals epoxed. Don't know if you have looked at california knives, this is a good book on them, California's Best by Brad & Brian Whitherell. Deane

Back