sluggish response here - we are addressing it

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
We've slowed down a bit in system speed for two reasons. The new software is a bit slower. I'm guessing there is still quite a bit of debug code left in in that at some point will be optimized out.

We are also running double the average user load we used to run 6 months ago. I am taking steps to speed things up but I'd guess we will need to step up our hosting server like the $6million dollar man - stronger, faster, better.

The next step up in server speed is double the monthly cost so I'm testing what I can do locally first. Still, if we need to step up to the next server level we will. Give me a week or so to tweak the dials and watch it.

Yes, maybe it is a little bit slower but most of us are getting all of this benefit for FREE! Thank you!
Other forums are charging for much of what you are providing for FREE! Thank you again!
While it may be a little bit slower I'm sure am glad that it is not costing us more, It is still FREE! THANK YOU!!!
Don't feel beat up because it may be a little bit slower!
To my knowledge no one NO ONE, has done more for us.
YOU, LORA and USA KNIFEMAKER are true friends.
If you haven't noticed,,,,THANK YOU!!!

What Wayne Said. It may be a little bit slower, but it is working and it is a great place to be. Thank you.

You are the Man Boss!! We sure appreciate all your hard work. You built a great Site from Zero!!! With a big happy family. thanks! Stabber

We are definitely not going to be known as a slow forum, I am working on it.

You are the Man Boss!! We sure appreciate all your hard work. You built a great Site from Zero!!! With a big happy family. thanks! Stabber

I'll second that.
I havn't noticed the slowness because I just had my puter fixed and everything is slow. Slower than before fixing it. I had too much money any way.

Thank you Tracy,
Rudy

lol,I hadn't noticed it was any slower,except for some pics take a bit longer to view.
Besides, I'm a little...uh,"slow" myself,so I cain't be pointin' fingers now,can I?:3:
You and the Crew offer us so much,
and ask for nothing...
one day I'd like to offer you my hand to shake.
Thank you!

Yes, maybe it is a little bit slower but most of us are getting all of this benefit for FREE! Thank you!
Other forums are charging for much of what you are providing for FREE! Thank you again!
While it may be a little bit slower I'm sure am glad that it is not costing us more, It is still FREE! THANK YOU!!!
Don't feel beat up because it may be a little bit slower!
To my knowledge no one NO ONE, has done more for us.
YOU, LORA and USA KNIFEMAKER are true friends.
If you haven't noticed,,,,THANK YOU!!!

I couldn't agree more! THANK YOU!!! :)

we have made some progress. the site is definitely snappier now. I've opened two tickets on this. The first one got closed after a quick tech look saying it looked OK. I re-opened it and worded things a little better and we got a better response. Funny how that works. The only speed issue I see I am still concerned with is "N"ew message search. After that is done, the site seems to move right along.

I will probably lower some of the picture file sizes. Loading 200K pictures vs 100K picture files doesn't make much sense since the picture compression isn't too bad at those levels.
The tech did tell me .png files load faster than .jpg No idea why but there you go.

I'm not sure what they did (I have trouble doing more than signing-in), but things seem much quicker than last week.

Back