Sick of the weather!

C Craft

This month has been nothing but oppressive heat and rain. It has either been to hot or wet to work in my garage (see my garage needs to be burped, it's overfull). I am sick of it every time I get started on something outside here comes the rain.
My lawnmower needs a valve job, and the grass is growing out of control.
I need to finish at least a dozen projects. The only thing I did get done was I built a new work bench for the shop yesterday. In between rain storms. Now the problem is I need to sit everything outside and reorganize. Yeah good luck there!:31:
Raining again today :what!: and suppose to be a good chance all weekend. :2: I am sick of it and am ready for some cooler/drier weather.: sad:

"The weather evryone complains but no one does anything about it"!

OK now that I have had my little rant I feel better at least in spirit!:13:

We have had the hottest summer on record here in Louisville. 98 straight days of at least 80 degees and a bunch of them around 100.

OK C, you had your little rant.
Now are you ready for my RAVE!?
My wife had been after me to mow the back of the dam. (read damn dam)
So I started, I got down to the bottom and was ready to mow back up. (now this tractor has been leaking a little bit of hydraulic fluid for some time.) When I was ready to start back up, it wouldn't move. I got off, looked all around and couldn't find anything obvious. Hmmmm Maybe it is low on Hydraulic Fluid. Yup, so I go and get the 5 gallon bucket and pour all that's left in.....it still won't move. So we hook the truck to it and pull it up. On the flat is works just fine. So I go to town, 30 mile round trip and get 5 gal of fluid and top it off. It only took 4 of the 5 gals that I bought. Now the tractor is fixed.
This morning my little darlin' is going to bush hog the pasture, behind one of the ponds. ( I am a blacksmith, not a farmer, she does the mowin' and all the farmin'). After a couple of hours she aint back up so I go out to check up on her. She's walking back to the house,,,,she has the 4 wheel drive tractor stuck, I mean STUCK. We take the Jeep down there, hook up a chain and plan to pull it out. Nothin' doin'. Finally I unhook the bush hog. It still aint movin'. I wade in and un hook the bush hog. We hook the chain to the bush hog and drag it out of the way and I'm gona back it out. Nothin' doin'. So I'm using the bucket and the 4 wheel drive to push it back....Nothin' doin'. So we hook the Jeep to the back and we're gonna pull it out.....Finally after about 30 minutes we have it out of the creek. I go back up to the house to check out Knife Dogs and watch the noon news (joke).
After over an hour she still ain't back so I go out to make sure that she ain't turned the tractor over and she is walking back. The drain plug fell out of the d*****ed thang. I find the D****ed drain plug but have to drive into town (another 30 miles) to get oil and a filter. Get back out there and drain the rest of the oil, change the filter and fill er up. I'm done for the day.....She comes back to the house where I'm finally enjoying a Coldbeer. (In Tennessee Coldbeer is one word). There is a tree (2 BIG trees) across the fence. I gotta go cut 'em off. TONIGHT!

Don't forget, being the nice guy that I am, I carried her a Coldbeer, then she told me about the fence and had a pitcher of Margarettas waiting when she came in for supper (she did fix that). I've now finished my 4th Coldbeer and we are working on the second pitcher. I'm now on my way to the BIG TUB with the last of that last pitcher.

Now, you wanna tell me about your bad day?

The good news,,,, she is going off horse back riding tomorrow and I get left alone to watch "Riders of the Silver Screen". A local PBS show with 1930's westerns. I've still gotta change the oil and load the truck before I head into Knoxville (70 miles) Sunday to demonstrate for the Clinch River Blacksmiths.

Ok, I'm done, I'm headed to the BIG TUB. If you want any more information,,,,It'll have to wait.

Damn, I sorry for making a mountain out a mole hill. You win Wayne!

Don't it make you feel better though, not the bitchin, the beer!:biggrin::3::lol::lol::lol:

It's all about priorities. Any day that ends with multiple cold ones and a pitcher or two of maggies can't be ALL bad!

Dang it it’s still raining, but I ain’t complaining Wayne! :shush::lol::lol:
I didn't know we had a Monsoon season here in the US. And that is Monsoon season which comes seasonally, as apposed to Moonshine season which comes once every 24hrs.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Monsoon is traditionally defined as a seasonal reversing wind accompanied by seasonal changes in precipitation,
Usually, the term monsoon is used to refer to the rainy phase of a seasonally-changing pattern, although technically there is also a dry phase.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Moonshine (also referred to as white lightning, hooch, mountain dew, and various other terms) is a common name for illicitly-distilled liquor. The term is commonly believed to derive from early English smugglers (called moonrakers because of an 18th century legend) and Appalachian home distillers who often engaged in illegal distillation and distribution of moonshine whiskey clandestinely (i.e., by the light of the moon). This is a condition that come once every 24hrs.

Oh, as you can see I have entirely too much time on my hands today! :biggrin::lol::lol::lol:
I need to be out in the shop! Is there a race on today? At least I can kill a little time till the satellite dish fails in the last few laps, that happened a couple of weeks ago and I was so pis............................................

Last edited:
Done, it's on the way Wayne! :lol: Hey but that just means more grass to cut!:what!:

Guess what, I found out there isn't even a Nascar race this weekend except that road course thing in Canada! No offense to the Canadians but, I ain't wild about road course races! :9:

Someone say moonshine? I ain't had nary a sip in almost a month. Bout time to visit my gurl down in Knoxville again... :)

Someone say moonshine? I ain't had nary a sip in almost a month. Bout time to visit my gurl down in Knoxville again... :)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
Moonshine
1. Like a smooth drink of water, with a kick in the pants at the end of it, 2. Yawhooooo it's mountain dew! :13::drool::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Weather update still raining, Wayne I tried but it seems to have came back to me!

Wayne if it rains in TANNEHILL IN TWO WEEKS remember I couldn't control the weather two weeks ago and its not me then. It's a much higher power.:shush: By the way what's goin on in Tannehill in 2 weeks?
Rain is supposed to kind of taper off today and alot less chance Tue. and Wed.. I have my two grandboys three days a week so that only leaves the evenings to do the knife work on those days. However if I were to die right now the only gripe I would have there is that the good Lord didn't allow me more time with those boys. They are a handful at times, one just turrned two in July and the other was born in June. There Mama, my daughter is working on her Bacherlors degree in nursing so I don't mind a bit! I can't wait till they get old enough to go hunting and fishing with Pawpaw!:biggrin:

Last edited:
http://www.alaforge.org/calendar.html is the link to the Alabama Forge Council's info on the Fall Conference. This is their Blacksmithing Conference but even Knife Dogs can get something out of it. I will get there Wedensday before the conference and will have the Knife Dogs Hospitality Canopy set up. This is also the site of the Batson Blade Symposium. I'll be there also with the Knife Dogs Hospitality Canopy set up. The Batson Blade Symposium is the first weekend in April.

The other blacksmithing event soon is the Quad State Roundup at Troy, Ohio. Again I'll be there with the Knife Dogs Hospitality Canopy set up. Fred Rowe will be there as well as Burton and I don't know who all else. It is September 25-26th but again I will get there on Wednesday before.

The third weekend in May 2011 will be the Southeast Blacksmiths' Conference in Madison, Georgia.

The only other event that I make regularly is the North Carolina Area Chapter Blacksmiths meeting at Big Blu the third weekend in March each year.

I am going to quit complaining about the weather. It hasn't rained a drop since about the 30th of the month. The only green things in my yard are weeds! :what!: Go figure, how does a weed stay green and the lawn is burnt slap up!:sad: :biggrin:

It's really dry here, when it quit raining it quit. Supposed to be 99 degrees today. At least our humidity has been a lower than usual.

Back