Questions about Boise ID Knife Show in November

Burl Source

Forum Owner & Moderator
I was told a little bit about a Knife Show coming up in Boise Idaho in the middle of November. I was considering getting a couple tables to sell knife handle wood, but was hoping to get a little input from you guys first.

1. Are you going to the show? As a participant? or a visitor?
2. What do you know about the show? Does it sound like it will be a good one?
3. What is the weather like in Boise middle of November? I would be driving there across Oregon.

I need to make my decision pretty soon so any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Mark

There are some big name makers and it seems to be ran by dedicated people. I have a table there and will be driving in also. Its only about 5 hours from here across the blue mountains. From what they say the weather wont be a problem. I'm excited about it.

Weather should be fine. It dose not snow here until Dec. or Jan. I will be going as a visitor all weekend. I have put the time in with the boss and the wife. I am really looking forward to this one. My first big knife show! Lots to see and, hopfully, learn.

I'll be there as an exhibitor, this will be my 1st time to Idaho and it's the 1st time for this show so it's hard to say what the show will be like, it looks like there are a good number of well known makers attending so that could help attendance but I'm pretty sure the NY show is also sometime in mid Nov. so that mess with attendance. Only one way to find out..... :D

Is Knifedogs going to have a both at the show? If they are I would be willing to set some time to man the both. I think it would be good. Just an idea. This place is more of a family than a hobby forum. I do like to share what little knowlage that I do have with others. It would be fun!

I'll be there as an exhibitor, I think that the show promoter has made arrangments with most of the hotels/motel in the area just ask about the rocky mountain knife show rate.

Chuck Bybee of Alpha Knife Supply told me about the deal he got.
The Boise Marriott Residence Inn has special show rates. I made reservations at $65 a night. A lot better than the normal $100+ rate.
For anyone else, you have to call on the phone and request the special knife show rate or else you pay full price.
Their phone number is 208-385-9000
I hope to see a bunch of you guys there. I will have 2 tables against the wall with some of my best stuff. I have been putting together a stash special for the show.

Chuck Bybee of Alpha Knife Supply told me about the deal he got.
The Boise Marriott Residence Inn has special show rates. I made reservations at $65 a night. A lot better than the normal $100+ rate.
For anyone else, you have to call on the phone and request the special knife show rate or else you pay full price.
Their phone number is 208-385-9000
I hope to see a bunch of you guys there. I will have 2 tables against the wall with some of my best stuff. I have been putting together a stash special for the show.

I have a room there also from Chucks reccomedation. Try to keep the noise down, I need my beauty sleep.

I'll be there. Still haven't gotten a room yet but I know for sure I won't be sleeping in the back of my truck. I think it has the makings for a good show. Now if we can get some collectors to come and bring lots of cash. I'll also be driving but do plan on buying some chains just in case.

I think it's a little late for that.
Are you bringing something special for the show so you can win a couple awards?

Are you referring to my double chin or my pot belly?
I havent made anything yet. Been working on some orders so I can buy gas to get there. hehe

You and me both. I grew a goatee to cover the chin but it's going to have to get a bit longer before it covers my belly.

I have been hearing from a lot of other guys from here and BF that will be going to the show. A lot are people I have talked to on the phone and emails but never met in person yet. Everyone has been really optimistic about the show. Sounds like it will be a good one.

Last edited:
I havent made anything yet. Been working on some orders so I can buy gas to get there. hehe

Bruce, I heard you were loaning money to the banks in Walla Walla so they could keep the doors open. I think that pot belly is full of gas.......... :D See you in November.

Bruce, I heard you were loaning money to the banks in Walla Walla so they could keep the doors open. I think that pot belly is full of gas.......... :D See you in November.

Yeah right, we will both be fishing at the show. See ya then Ray. Bring tire chains and drive carefully.

Yeah right, we will both be fishing at the show. See ya then Ray. Bring tire chains and drive carefully.

I plan to stop by Les's and get some chains but I hope to leave them in the box and get my money back at the end of the season. I did get me a new fishing outfit. I do hope winter misses us again this year.

Back