Hunter in 1080

Milt

I still consider myself a Newbie, as I have been making knives for less than 2 years. I have received feedback about my handles being blocky and have been trying to make them better looking. So, I am asking for honest opinions of this handle and blade as well.

1080- 3/16" RC 60
Bocote Scales
OL- 9-1/4"
Blade- 4-7/8"
1/4" pins
5/16" tube

Thanks,

Milt

Attachments

• LAKE3514.jpg
    LAKE3514.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 55
I think it looks great Milt. Handle doesn't look blocky at all , blade looks nice. From one picture its hard to see alot , but from what I can see it looks great.
Good job.

Dwane

Hello Milt, for my 2 cents I think the handle looks slim, trim and well rounded. From what I can see in the photo the metal to wood fit also looks good. Great Job.
Kelley

I'm a knew maker too and I'd say you look to be doing just fine. Several things I notice are these: The lanyard hole seems to have very thin walls. This is Ok but I wouldn't want them too thin. The handle looks great. I don't see anything blocky about it at all. the transition lines between the guard and handle all seem to be smooth a flowing. The only other thing that catches my eye is the maker's mark. It is your decision to put it wherever you want, but I wouldn't put it right in the middle of the blade. Personally I have struggled with getting the right size for myself, and I seem to lean towards "smaller is better" and put it as close to the guard and up high as psossible. This is just my opinion though. You can put it wherever you want. I want others to notice my knife and search for the mark if they are interested, not vise versa - which would be noticing the mark and then searching for the knife it is right on top of - if that makes any sense :)

Back