Lil Damascus Necker

Dwane Oliver

6" of .150" Alabama Damascus Buckshot pattern
Kydex sheath with rare earth magnets
Paracord wrapped, skeleton handle ,with skull bead.

Enjoy

DSC02790.jpg

DSC02794.jpg

DSC02792.jpg

DSC02791.jpg

I forgot to sharpen it before I took the pics , woops

I really like that Damascus pattern. Looks like a EDC necker.

Hello Duane, Very nice neck knife and Damascus pattern beautiful work. I'm fascinated with your open Kydex sheath and the rare earth magnets. I haven't seen this done before, how does it work? (I'm new to Knife Forums is it OK to discuss this matter here or start something under the Sheaths area)
Kelley

Here is fine Kelley , thanks for the post. You can see that the knife is deep in the Kydex , I have a small spacer I put on the blade when I form it and it presses it deeper into it. That helps it to stay put. The Rare earth magnets I use are 3/4" dia X 1/8" thick , and have 9.7 lbs of "pull force" each. I used 3 on this knife. ( that 9.7 lbs pull rate is in a magnet directly to steel application , here we have .080 of Kydex between the steel and the magnet, so its a bit less ) SO
With the knife set deep in the kydex and the magnets holding it in there , it aint gona fall out. I actually took this one and held it by the sheath and tried to fling the knife out.....no dice , held like a rock , BUT if you just give it a bit of an upward twist on it , when its around your neck , it comes right out, AND you can put it back in with just one hand , just get it close and it "snaps" right in.
I started doing this about 5 years ago , and have made a bunch of them to date.

Hope I answered all of your questions , if not , post up

Dwane

Looks good man :)

I have an order for a knife with a paracord handle. I don't know how to do it, so when I do I may shoot you a pm.

Hello Dwane,
Thanks for the tip, I have 10 magnets on the way and am excited about trying this out. I've stayed away from using Kydex with damascus because of nasty habit Kydex has on scratching blades.
Kelley

Back