SPECS

OAL: 9 1/4”
Blade: 4 1/4” Flat Grind; slight recurve; 59RC;
5/32” thick at ricasso; tapered tang
Blade Steel: Rob Johnson Twist Damascus 1084 15N20
Handle: Blood Red Horistes Burl from Australia
Bolsters: M3 Mokume
Pins: 416 Stainless Steel
Sheath: 6-7oz premium leather; right hand carry with belt loop; in glossy black. Not pictured.

850scythe2framed.jpg

850scytheonlichen4framed.jpg

That is not dust on the mokume bolster - it's sparkles of brass in the nickel silver!

850scytheonlichen1framed.jpg

850scythe3framed.jpg

$300 w/FREE Priority Shipping in the U.S., Canada and Mexico

Overseas sales welcome but must pay actual shipping costs.​
CustomSignatureBarHD.png

Best regards and God Bless,
Wayne

Full Time Maker
Member of the Professional Knifemakers Association
www.jarrettknives.com
Are you a Dawg yet?

Be sure to check out the new Jarrett Knives Forum

Thanks Duane. I'm always looking for new and different materials to use on my knives. I know of only one other maker that uses this - Bill Akers of Bacustomknives. Right Bill?

It's a "synthetic" Mokume traditionally used in aerospace, and more commonly, by pen turners. Here is some info from their website (link below).

What is M3 Mokume Gane?

M3 (short for "Macro Molecular Metal") is a new composite material which is made with up to 95% of real metal that has been atomized down to the molecular level and combined with special chemical binders. M3 is an exciting new space age material that is just now being recognized for its remarkable beauty, strength and futuristic properties. Millions of dollars have been spent perfecting this material for other industries, pen blanks are just a bonus. The skin of the Space Shuttle, the Stealth Bomber and the International Space Station all contain examples of this remarkable new material. It is electronically depleted so that it will not conduct electricity or cause electrolysis allowing for new metal alloys that are just not possible in nature.

Check out this website for M3 Mokume Gane
CustomSignatureBarHD.png

Best regards and God Bless,
Wayne

Full Time Maker
Member of the Professional Knifemakers Association
www.jarrettknives.com
Are you a Dawg yet?

Be sure to check out the new Jarrett Knives Forum

Wayne,
i agree, we all search for diffrent materials too use,to stay ahead of the game,i ran into this product a few years back and was astonished with it, exspecially the finnish it has,as always the pics do not show the real detail,but when the lucky buyer gets it in there hands they will see the real beauty come out! Btw, very nice knife wayne!shouldnt last long

Beautiful knife Wayne . Thanks for that link also , I have to get me some . And that handle wood is gorgeous .

Back