The Expendables / Stallones knife nut movie.

H

horizonod

I don't know if this is the right place for this but I thought it might interest the knife people on Knife Dogs. Move it if need be.

We went to see Sly Stallones new movie "the Expendables" tonight. It's a knife lovers wet dream. I was surprised to see knives in the movie that Sly got from us as well as a razor (Ceasar) that Sly sent me a picture of months ago in a request to have a larger version custom made. He didn't mention that it was IN the movie just sent had a pic of one like he wanted but wanted it bigger. I suggested the inscription "Slyce" rather than "Ceasar" for his. Sly agreed, Slyce it is. Maybe it will make it into the sequel.

It was pretty cool to have spoken to Sly several times over the past year or so and have him tell me about some of the knife scenes then actually see them.

This movie is a knife nuts fiesta. From Italian stilettos, Custom bowies, LOTS of throwing knives, Darrel Ralph custom auto and on n on.

Here are some pics lifted from the movie as well as the pic Sly sent me of the razor he wants made. The movie is pretty dark so the pics aren't great.

stallone-ceasar-razor.jpg

expend-ceasar2.jpg

ex-ceasar3.jpg

exp-ceasar4.jpg

Here's an 11 inch Italian black horn we supplied being thrown.

expendables-stiletto-1.jpg

expendables-11inchitalian-1.jpg

exp-ital.jpg

exp-ital2.jpg

Darryl Ralphs auto.

expend-auto-ralph-1.jpg

expen-auto-1.jpg

All in all an enjoyable fast paced action flick if you're not too fussy the plot.

We went to see it last Sunday afternoon. It's deffinitely "action packed". The only complaint I had about the mivie was that too many of the scenes were shot in a really tight frame with really fast action. It made it really hard to follow the movement with your eyes. There were several tood shots of the knives being used though. All in all I had a really good time watching it.

I went with Gil and Linda Hibben, Mike Carter and his wife along with several other friends the day it opened. Gil made the big Bowie Lundgren used and the toothpick Sly used.

I thought it was a good movie and certainly full of knife action along with plenty more.

Very cool! I hope the exposure gets you plenty more orders. It must be pretty exciting to make knives for a big-name star like that!

Back