Damascus Hunter/skinner

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
WARNING.. Handle has INTENCE figure and supurb color and contrast! and will make most people drool uncontrollably.
Well just take a look at the pics! IT has the WOW factor. Just beautiful!

OAL is aprox 7 3/4 inches with a 3 1/3 inch blade
The blade is HHH Damascus. Its hand forged and has a pattern we call rain washed. Its a layer count of 244.. Its composed of 1095 and 15n20 hand hammer and forged to make this awesome blade. RC of 57/58 and scary sharp.

The spine of all the blades have been file worked boasting a elegant pattern.

The handle is also amazing Stabilized Birch Burl. The colors and figure in this piece is AWESOME! Deep rich color with rays and figure to spare! Polished to a marbled look & feel. The handle is firmly attached by mosaic pins & lanyard tube. Accented in brass and stainless and copper.

Thanks for lookin
Randy

Attachments

• HHH Knives 035.jpg
    HHH Knives 035.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 28
  • HHH Knives 003.jpg
    HHH Knives 003.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 19
  • HHH Knives 037.jpg
    HHH Knives 037.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 12
  • HHH Knives 049.jpg
    HHH Knives 049.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 14
Glad you gave that warning about drooling so i knew to put on a bib.Kidding aside , its a great looking piece.

Thats a great looking knife. I like the deep etch and the handles are real nice.
This is just personal preference , but I like to see bolsters on a damascus knife. They are just classier and deserve the full treatment.

Dwane

Beautiful work. Really nice.
Everybody has their little preferences and quirks. Dwane likes bolsters, I don't think wood that nice needs em.
On Damascus I like the maker's mark to be unobtrusive and almost hidden. Personal preference of mine, we all gottem.
Keep hammerin! Dozier

Last edited:
Beautiful work. Really nice.
Everybody has their little preferences and quirks. Dwane likes bolsters, I don't think wood that nice needs em.
On Damascus I like the maker's mark to be unobtrusive and almost hidden. Personal preference of mine, we all gottem.
Keep hammerin! Dozier

Thanks everyone for the comments and critiques. Thats one thing I really like about this site.. People are honest and speak there minds, Yet theres NO DRAMA! and for the most part. everyone learns and grows because of the good communications.
Again, Thanks to you all...

Back