Now 1911 Enabled

Denny Eller

Does anyone have a brand new Taurus 1911 in .45 caliber? I, for one, would really like to read a review from the owner. Anyone else interested?

Denny, I don't have one, but have shot one that was bought new and is about 3 years old now. I would be happy to give you my opinion, far from intelligent or educated but an honest opinion non-the-less. Dozier

Thanks guys, but I was trying to give Tracy a hard time about not telling us what he thought about his new purchase. He may have been too busy to get out with it yet.

busy. I haven't even shot it yet. I will this weekend. My neighbors LOVE when I pop a few off in the back yard.

The specs are great on it and all the reviews I have read tout the accuracy right out of the box. Good luck, Boss, I hope you enjoy getting acquainted with it.

Dang Denny, I thought I would finally get to tell you about my experiences and share my limited knowledge, but won't.
Will let you get it straight from "the Big Dog's Mouth" Doizer

Dozier, I would love to hear your experiences, too. That Taurus is destined to be my next "things that go bang" purchase. I sold my last 1911 a few years ago and have had to rely on a Ruger P85 to shoot bad guys with.

I've heard good things about the Taurus for the price paid. You may want to expect a "not perfect out of the box" weapon, but aren't they all that way for the most part? lol

I recommend a Wilson Combat Mag. I would bet the factory mag will be most of your FTF problems (If they should occur).

.45.jpg

I "told" Bill's poster joke, no poster, this past weekend.
Anyway, Taurus .45, my thoughts.
Excellent value. Fit and finish were decent, feels like a 1911 should, trigger better than average for an out of the box unit,
and will put big holes close together if you do your part. It definitely falls into my "recommended" list, on the high side of the list.
Dozier

".45 holes are for letting the stupid out." Nemohunter

Last edited:
Thanks, Dozier, that puts me just that much closer to owning one. I understand the virtues of the Wilsons and Kimbers, etc. but the price point on the Taurus will allow me to pick up another gun or two for what I would spend on one of the custom 1911's. I also want to get a .45acp revolver for a backup to the Taurus.

Back