Look what showed up today!

Frank Aguirre

Its here! Even heat 22.5" 240v oven. I need to re arrange my shop around and change the plug on it. I wonder if it will void the warranty? So where do you guys set up you r ovens? On a wood, metal, plastic work benches? On the floor on top of cinder blocks. Do you have protection on the walls? Just want to see what everyone else is doing so I can figure out my shop arrangement. Thanks!

attachment.php

Last edited:
DANG IT!!! So DARN JEALOUS!!! No....wait, nevermind. I have the same oven :D ;).

A suggestion, Frank: don't mess with the plug. Rather, make an adapter. Go pick up some appropriately gauged bundled/stranded wire and the appropriate plugs (a female to match the oven's plug and a male to match the outlet) and make a little pig-tail to go between the oven and the socket. That way you don't have to worry about opening the oven up or cutting the cord. Just make sure you get the wires connected to the right terminals :D. I did that with my oven to match my 50 Amp plug. Just make sure you're not overloading the socket you're using.

Congrats on that great oven! You will love it. Check out Tracy's new videos of how to program the SetPro or Rampmaster controllers. Also, you can print out the manual from the Evenheat page. Have fun unpacking; they pack 'em pretty good. :)

I mounted mine on a shelf unit with a particle board top. Allow several inches minium all around the outside of the oven. It WILL get hot enough to burn you. I'll eventually put it on some sort of sheet steel, but for the occasional heat treating I do, it doesn't overheat the particle board being as it stands nice and tall on its legs.

IMG_0775.jpg

--nathan

Last edited:
Should work with the proper female plug attached to the connection end. As long as it's rated for the amps you need. As for length, I made mine a couple or three feet in length just for ease of getting it plugged in and moving about. No need to go shorter really, and no need to lengthen it out.

--nathan

Nathan this is what the dryer cable reads. 10/3 SHDT (UL) E-25411 I am assuming the cable size is 10/3 and the one on the oven says 12awg. Would these be compatible.

Hehehehe..... I know I checked around but I only got one 220 v and it is this big ole rare kind of plug, so unfortunately that plan was crushed.

Back