My first double action automatic

papi

Hey everyone
as i promised, i'm posting again :)

Boy, these are fun :) I have to say i expected to be suicidal at certain moments when making this, but i was really surprised by the smooth sailing... I must have thought it out well :) (yeah right, i got lucky ! :) )

The blade is 3" of Nichols stainless ladder, scales are Eggerling damascus, etched and heat colored. No screws what so ever on the front, only two on the back. The thumbstud is inlaid with an opal. The frame is fileworked and anodized titanium.
Sorry about the pictures, my photographer is used to watches, and he kinda kept focusing on the watch, more than on the knife... I can take some full frontal pics if you like.

DSC_0733.jpg

DSC_0715.jpg

DSC_0704.jpg

Thank you for looking, take care,
Ondrej

Looks great Ondrej! Love the Handle scales!!

Did you have to file at the bottom of the Recasso for clearance issues?

Man that is really cool. I want to try an auto sometime.

Please tell us more about these watches. This one in your picture resembles a Panerai.

Nice work Ondrej. That knife is stunning to say the least. I really like the scales without screws. The watch is too cool. It just keeps getting better all the time.
Keep'm coming.

Pat

Thank you guys :)
Yes, the notch at the ricasso is there for clearance with the rocker release.
And the watch is something i whipped up, damasteel 45mm case, ETA 6497 inside, and titanium caseback... In case you are wondering, yes, i am nutz :)

Thanks again for the comments, take care,
Ondrej

Back