Using different styles in one .

christopher

Hello .
I would like to share this one i made a few months back .When making this i decided to use ideas from around the world .The T back spine shape from the kybre style blades for there strength and piercing power .

Habaki and gaurds in the japanese style , And european style handle for its handling ability one handed.

The blade is 01 , habaki is copper , sepa brass and guard is stirling silver , handle is african ivory with twisted brass wire wrap ,the heads on the end of handle and sheath are repoussed chased and engraved from brass sheet .The sheath is made from winchester wood Thank you .
Chris
P2150016.jpg
P3310053_01.jpg
P3080044_01.jpg
P3080015_02.jpg
P3080023.jpg

Chris, Now that is a real beauty. I can appreciate the amount of work that must have gone into making that knife and sheath. The workmanship is absolutely fantastic. Great job.

Larry

Hi Maxcutter03 ,Larry and Bill T
Thank you all very much , The T spine was forged cold with a hammer
the same as i form the edges on tsuba Heres a pic of one of the lions heads as i was working on it .
P3260009.jpg

Gday Christopher,
Looking good there mate but you really need some better photos to post to do it justice.
Cheers Bruce

Great looking work. The overall style reminds me alot of the old Japanese Naval Dirk.

Hi Bruce ,
yes its a bit hard to do good pix but i will keep trying
thanks .
Hello Murphda2,
Glad you like mate .
Chris

that is a great study in design. pretty cool. I like the detail an execution.

Sure looks great from here !!!! A real combination of talent and approaches to make it look as it does. Well done for sure. Frank

Hi Tracy ,
love your dog pic magic mate and Hello Frank
Thank you both very much
and im real glad you like my work
Chris

Back