Wharncliffe Proto (no name yet..)

Dustin Turpin

Been wanting to add a wharny to my arsenal for some time and decided it was that time.

I have always felt the wharncliffe is just a straight up user. No other blade profile to me seems to really fit the "utility" category as well as this blade profile. So when I designed this knife I wanted something very straight forward, but at the same time keep a very good blade/handle ratio which is kinda pain to do with a wharny.

This is the prototype so overall dimensions and specs aren't final. Will have more info on it soon.. here are some basic specs of the proto.

OAL: 8.25"
Blade Edge: 3.75"
Steel: ATS-34 (from some stock I have had laying for about 12 yrs... don't use it anymore)
Liners: .080 ti

Plan on having a few of these at the Gathering for traders cove. Hopefully by then I will have a name for it.

take care and thanks for looking

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

It's a super looking knife and as well looks as if the craftsmanship is of the very best, however with respect, don't you see it more as a tanto? I'm sure you will some of those whatever you want to call it, but call it good for sure. Frank

It looks like kind of like a "reverse tanto" to me, with the point at the end of a (pretty much) flat cutting edge, which does make it a Wharncliff. Ladies & gentlemen, I give you the tanto-Wharncliff!

Love the knife, the blade design, and the name, too--which is why I'd call it only a Wharncliff, despite the inspiration of the tanto in the design. "The Warden carried a Wharncliff" kinda has a ring to it.

Last edited:
Back