Buffalo Skinners , Brothas from anotha Mutha

Dwane Oliver

I had a good friend ordered these , one for him and one for his brother. He brought me a Green River Buffalo Skinner for a pattern.
Bolth are Alabama Buckshot damascus
6" blades
10" OAL
Water buffalo bolsters on one and Axis Buck on the other
I dont remember what the woods are.
Deep etch on bolth , one polished one dark.
Sheaths tooled and made by me also.
I think they turned out good

Let me know what you guys think

DSC02741.jpg

DSC02742.jpg

DSC02744.jpg

DSC02745.jpg

DSC02748.jpg

DSC02751.jpg

DSC02752.jpg

DSC02753.jpg

Yes I love the design and the knifes look great. These knifes will skin a big animal like a buffalo in no time.

Good looking blades, I've always liked buffalo skinners, and the bolsters, damascus and mosaic pins are a great combo.
Eric

Alright!!!! Thanks for the kind words fellas.
I delivered the knives last night, the guy was real excited and loved them. We had an agreement before I made them , that he would use them. His wife said "you aint using that when you go hunting , are you?" He says " hell yes I'm using them , I promised I would , I wish I wouldn't have promised , but I did " When he paid me ....he gave me $50 extra , WOW what a guy. He said " I put a little something extra on the top there " . I had not counted the money , just stuck it in my pocket, I pulled it back out , and said "this " - holding up the $50 . He said " yea , take your wife to dinner , I know you and you'll blow all that money on knife building parts.
LOL He's probably right.

Thats one of my favorite knife styles and these two are the best looking of this style I've seen before. Imagine if these two were around back in the day. They'd be the envy of all buffolo hunters.

A couple of real sweet knives :1:
Love them first sight very much :biggrin:
Thanks for the show and tell, Dwane :3:

mohd

Thanks fellas. A friend of the owner saw these and called and said " make me one too" . So I got another one in the works , it will be a bit different. But then again they all are.

Back