I am an old dog, but I learned a new trick.

JatMat

After fighting with my weed eater, (the line kept getting stuck inside the bump reel), I would use up the line then bump, but no line would come out. Been doing this for years, but it gave me a break time to take apart the reel and untangle the line. This time, I thought why not put some lithium grease on the exit holes, then when spraying, why not spray inside the reel, both holes, both directions. I went back to my weed whacking and I did not break a line nor did one get tangled again, that was last week. Yesterday, I finished off the reel of line and never broke or tangled it again. Good Whacking:biggrin:
Jim

I am allergic to weed eaters. They cause me pain and worry, one even caused me lose my temper.
I use round up. But I am glad YOU found a way to make one work properly. Dozier

I gave up on weed eaters and bought a unit with big wheels 3hp and tie on strings that are .155" The string never breaks unless you are trying to cut steel posts and then all you do is loop on another pair of strings. Now weed whacking is fun because I can knock down 5' high grass and never tangle up the machine.

ernie

I got a goat and that solved the weed eater problem, then I had to be careful I didn't step on the land mines that the goat left behind so I got rid of the goat and hired a yard man. Soon he was flirting with my wife plus I couldn't afford him so I fired him and went back to doing my own weed eating, so thanks for the tip Jim.

Larry

Back