4-bar construction, p-weld kindjal

kevin - the professor

Hello Everyone,
I have made a traditional style kindjal, with two twisted bars in the center under the fuller, and two straight laminate bars outiside of those, with monosteel 1080 edges. The pattern-welded portion is 15n20 and 1080.

This blade is 12" long, with a 6" handle. Curly maple. The bolster and pommel plate are both damascus, from same billet as blade.

This is a traditional handle and blade form. This shape is derived from the gladius, and is an central to the heritage of the Caucassas mountains through Turkey.

I am asking $400. Please send me a personal message if you are interested. If you are serious, make me an offer.

Thanks for looking,

Kevin

pattern welded kinjal curly maple 016.jpgpattern welded kinjal curly maple 021.jpgpattern welded kinjal curly maple 019.jpgpattern welded kinjal curly maple 015.jpgpattern welded kinjal curly maple 003.jpg

Jim - if you are interested, I can make a wooden sheath out of curly maple. Maple with either steel or copper reinforcements at throat and chape.

Kevin

Hello Kevin,
Nice work.
I live in Berlin , Ct.
My sister lives in Cheshire. Do you do your own damascus??
JZ

yes - I do all of my own work - every knife starts as a pile of steel shims, a board and usually something like a heating pipe or something for a source of copper or brass.
I recently broke down and bought a hydraulic press to help with making damascus.

Back