River Monster

moon

mms95pictu.jpg
mms95pic.jpg
:biggrin:

Here's a shot of a flathead I caught last week. I was reeling in a small channel cat when this guy figured he was a little more hungry then I was. He was 41" long and somewhere between 40 and 45 pounds, my scale only went to 30. Took some pictures and turned him loose. Moon.

That is huge. Catching one that big on twenty pound test line takes some finesse.
Thanks for posting the pics.

Fred

Nice Flathead! did he eat the channel? They are like a river shark, will try to eat anything they can get in that big mouth.

Man it is a rush to hang into one especially in a hard current.

What river are you on? My brother and a bunch of his buds are the big cat fisherman around here on the Ohio. I haven't been out with him in a while. Guess I'm getting old but don't care for the late nights anymore.

I would say that's a pretty good guess that flathead to be around 40 pounds. I don't know why but they don't weigh as much as the Blues according to their length, I guess cause they're all mouth. Brother caught one last time we were out that when he held it up to his chin it's tail almost touched the floor of the boat and brother is 6' 2". It was 56" and weighed 48 pounds. They have little thrown together local tournaments every weekend if they aren't off fishing a real tournament. They do most weight and biggest fish.

I'll try to find the picture of the 80# blue brother caught.

nice fish. I really need to get out and do some catfishin..

nice fish. I really need to get out and do some catfishin..

From what I hear you guys have some nice ones up there. Of course we could always work out a trade, I could come up and bear hunt you could come here and catfish.HEHEHE. Moon.

Back