Hunter in O1 Tool Steel and Stabilized Australian Corrugatta Burl

Jarrettknives

SOLD

For Sale – SEGUNDO – in Stabilized Australian Corrugatta Burl

This is my newer Segundo hunter for 2010. With opening day in many areas right around the corner they are just waiting for a chance to make you grin. This is another of my knives that was designed for the outfitter/guide trade. Many of the outfitters that I work for (i.e. build knives for) have requested a slightly smaller model than the traditional 9” hunting knife. One where they can put their index finger right behind the point of the knife and run it straight up the animals’ belly (with their finger just on the inside - like a gut hook). One that actually fits their hand when it’s inside the chest cavity. One that holds an edge way beyond field dressing several animals at one time. One that looks good enough to be a gift to their clients when the hunt is over.

Well, according to them, I’ve achieved it with the Segundo. I build it with various blades styles – drop point, clip point, and false trailing point so they can personalize it just a bit. All of them are made from my favorite steel for hunters – O1 tool steel, and all of them are heat treated by me right in the shop. Lastly, all of them have stabilized wood handles for easy clean up and durability.

Jarrett Knives and the Segundo - Field tested, and field approved.

FYI - I took 12 with me to the A.G. Russell show and sales were a little slow so I came home with five. I’ll be running them at the show special price for a little while for those of you that couldn’t make it.

Note: I've posted this piece in a few locations online so the first "I'll take it" gets it. If you're interested, let me know.

SPECS

OAL: 7”
Blade: 3” Flat Ground
Blade Steel: O1 tool steel ; 59-60 RC; little over 5/32” thick; moderately tapered tang
File Work: N/A
Handle: Stabilized Australian Corrugatta Burl (checking is normal in Aussie burls and remember, it is fully stabilized)
Guard: N/A
Pins: 416 Stainless steel
Sheath: : 6-7oz Premium tooling leather by maker

850Segundo-Corrugatta-RP-wT.jpg

850Segundo-Corrugatta-LH-wT.jpg

850Segundo-Corrugatta-LP-wT.jpg

850Segundo-Corrugatta-RH-wT.jpg

850Segundo-Corrugatta-Sheath-wT.jpg

Show Special price of $210 for a short time only ; plus $9.00 Priority Shipping including insurance in the continental U.S.

International sales are very welcome but they must pay the exact shipping costs.

Paypal: paypal@jarrettknives.com

Thanks for taking a look. Please check out my web site as well.
CustomSignatureBarHD.png

Best regards and God Bless,
Wayne

Full Time Maker
Member of the Professional Knifemakers Association
www.jarrettknives.com
Are you a Dawg yet?

Be sure to check out the new Jarrett Knives Forum

Last edited:
Back