“3/4 Size Parley in Brazilian Rosewood” and Al May Damascus

Jarrettknives

Al May Damascus and Brazilian Rosewood

SOLD

For Sale – Al May Damascus and Brazilian RosewoodSecond Piece

This is my Parley model only this time I did them in ¾ size. They may be nice to look at but don’t doubt for a minute that they are built to work. Basically they are an upgraded medium sized hunter /skinner. For my outfitter customers that want something special to give to their clients at the end of the hunt, I normally do these in O1 tool steel, my favorite. However, for the A.G. Russell Show I made up six pieces in Damascus and this is what's left.

For two of these I used steel from my friend Rob Johnson from up near Grand Rapids, Michigan. One is what he calls “Lazy Twist” and the other is his “Ladder” pattern. The other piece is finished in some of the most intricately patterned steel I’ve ever worked with – it’s from my good friend Al May in his “Four Bar Composite” pattern.

One last bit of important info for you….
If you’re up to date on your rare woods, then you’ll know that it is now impossible to get actual, real Brazilian Rosewood. It is on the endangered species list and it is now banned for export from Brazil and for import into the U.S. A. Well guess what? I found someone selling some that he “re-cycled” from a piano made in the 1930’s and it is gorgeous! Both of these pieces have some nice “Vine and Thorn” filework decorating the spine, and the one in Maple Burl has my very own “Twisted Ribbon” filework.
I’ll let the pictures speak for the Damascus and the wood used in these pieces.

Note: I've posted this piece in a few locations online so the first "I'll take it" gets it. If you're interested, don't wait.

SPECS

OAL: 8”
Blade: 4 3/8” Flat Ground
Blade Steel: Rob Johnson and Al May Damascus as mentioned in each picture
File Work: Vine & Thorn; and my very own “Twisted Ribbon”
Handle: Brazilian Rosewood from the 1930’s; Ambrosia Maple Burl
Guard: N/A
Pins: 416 Stainless steel

Sheath: : 6-7oz Premium tooling leather by maker

850ParleyMiniRose2LP.jpg

850ParleyMiniRose2RB.jpg

850ParleyMiniRose2RH.jpg

850ParleyMiniRose2RSpine.jpg

850ParleyMiniRose2RSpineFront.jpg

850ParleyMiniRose2RSpineRear.jpg

850ParleyMiniRose1Sheath.jpg

I've listed it at the show special price of only $269 for a short time only ; plus $9.00 Priority Shipping including insurance in the continental U.S.

International sales are very welcome but they must pay the exact shipping costs. And unfortunately, no sales or shipping to Germany due to the many customs problems.

Paypal: paypal@jarrettknives.com

Thanks for taking a look. Please check out my web site as well.
CustomSignatureBarHD.png

Best regards and God Bless,
Wayne

Full Time Maker
Member of the Professional Knifemakers Association
www.jarrettknives.com
Are you a Dawg yet?

Be sure to check out the new Jarrett Knives Forum

Last edited:
Back