RIP Ron Nott

Chuck Gedraitis Knives

I didn't see anything posted about his passing so I figured that I would post something. I met Ron at the Shenandoah valley knife show about 6 years ago. Saw him at blade and other shows occasionally. He was a great engraved and a nice guy.

Ronald P. Nott, 69, of Summerdale, passed away Wednesday, July 28, 2010 in Harrisburg Hospital. Ron was self employed and owner of Knives by Nott. He was a Master Engraver and member of the NRA, the NCCA, the Colt Collectors Association, and the Keystone Blade Association. Surviving is his wife, Carol A. Neitz; 3 sons, Steve Nott and his wife, Sandy, David C. Nott and his wife, Debbie Myers, and Michael P. Nott and his companion, Crystal Knorr, all of Harrisburg, 2 grandchildren, Stevie Nott and Sam Nott, both of Harrisburg, 2 brothers, Eddie Nott, Sr. of Aston and Jimmy Nott of Tennessee. Funeral services will be held at 11:00 A.M. Tuesday in the Richardson Funeral Home Inc., Enola. Viewing will be held from 9:00 A.M. until time of services Tuesday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Perry Heights Cemetery, Marysville. Memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society Capital Region Unit, 3211 North Front Street, Suite 100, Harrisburg, PA 17110.

WOW! I had no Idea Ron was gone. This is a sad day. I only knew Ron via the knife forums but he was a great guy and a very talented artist in many different ways.

Ron will be missed by many people I am sure. My condolences to his family and all his knifemaking friends.

RIP Ron.

He was a great guy and a very talented engraver.

That's another tough one. He and I would chat once in awhile in another forum. I'm sorry for his loss to all. Frank

Back