Much obliged

Denny Eller

We finally got Brenda home from the hospital over the weekend. She is still weak as a kitten and extremely sore but it looks like the antibiotics are doing their thing really well. She has an appt. with her surgeon in the morning to see how she is doing. We cannot thank you enough for all the prayers and kind words you have sent us. Brenda wanted me to personally thank Bill Coye for helping me better understand what was happening in the hospital and for the good advice he gave her. She said Knife Dogs reminds her of the small town she grew up in - everyone is there to lend a helping hand when they know you need it.

I am now the RN, the LPN and the CNA. I am the housekeeper and the chief cook and bottlewasher. And I love every minute of it. She has been paying forward for many years and now I get to pay back a little. Besides, I'm a better cook.

I thank you all again for your support and have one more small favor to ask: When you see a paramedic, thank them for their service just as you would a service man or woman. They tend to get overlooked and they shouldn't be. Their tour of duty never ends. Denny

Glad to hear the good news, friend!

You're right about paramedics (trauma folks and rescue personnel, etc, too). Those are tough jobs and they're serving our country too!

Last edited:
Hey Denny , I'm happy to hear Brenda is doing fine . Happy for both of you ... Now git back to work ...:biggrin:

good to hear she is back home and resting and you are not..

Mitch, thank you very much

Bill, thank you. As soon as I get the morning dishes done and dinner cooked and the three loads of laundry done I am going to go scratch on some steel. Won't say I'm busy but if you'd shove a broom handle up my butt I could sweep the floor, too.

Thanks, Boss, those hospitals make you feel sort of helpless but now I am in charge and things are running smoothly so far.

Last edited:
Denny, glad to hear Brenda is well. Make sure your cooking doesn't send her back to the hospital.

If I had anything intelligent to say Denny, I'd say it. But, since I don't,
deep doing what she says and laugh when you get a chance.
I'm glad Brenda is doing better. Dozier

Thank you guys, your support has helped a lot. Murph, my biggest problem right now is getting her to eat. We're going to the 5 small meals/snacks program tomorrow and I'm going to get some Ensure (I thinks that's the name) for her to drink.

Denny,I'm really glad to hear your Boss is home,and makin' you earn your keep ;)
Smoke keeps rollin' for you both...
Blessings on both of you.

I thank you Wolf and I'm sorry you lost your knife. Brenda said the picture you posted of the flames was magical.

Glad to hear things are improved. The attached recipes might help with the busy schedule, prep and cook time is 30 minutes or less.

Attachments

• 101 Recipes in a Flash 2.pdf
    231.4 KB · Views: 2
Thank you, Logrus, I really appreciate the kind words and the recipes. I haven't had a chance to read all of them yet but I have already found several I'll be trying in the next couple of days. Denny

I thank you Wolf and I'm sorry you lost your knife. Brenda said the picture you posted of the flames was magical.

You're welcome Denny. I've been without a truck for a while now,but if I were mobile I'd have gone up to one of my favorite places to send Smoke:
to me, this is God's House,this cathedral of trees,and a great place to sit a spell with the Old Man Upstairs.
DSCN1292.jpg

It's a funny thing about trees, Wolf. They aren't Christians or Jews, Muslims or Hindus, or Buddhists or Taoists but they just keep growing closer to God.

Back