finished a new custom today.

this is my newest baby, looks like a bark river bravo 1 with a scandi grind. awesome tool and a heavy user, she measures in at 5/32 thick and just a hair under 10 inches. this was my first time using lovelace bolts, and unless you have a drill press, i dont recommend trying it freehand!!! (i almost ruined those beautiful scales) the wood is ebony, the liners are just black and white fiber, same on the firesteel.
enjoy, and i take criticism very well, so dont hold back old dogs!!!

100_2065.jpg

100_2064.jpg

100_2066.jpg

100_2057.jpg

100_2058.jpg

100_2059.jpg

100_2060.jpg

100_2061.jpg

100_2062.jpg

100_2063.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxWn5KkhDsg

I have to agree. I'm not a fan of Scandis, but you appear to have executed it very well. Very nice looking work. Now, get off your rump and get started on the next one!

Nice looking knife. I really like the wood. If there were one thing I could say that I noticed it would be the knife's symmetry. When I look down a knife from the back to the front or vise/versa, I want to see a perfectly straight blade and the same amount of handle material on both sides of the blade. More material on one side than the other isn't as easy to tell in a hidden tang, but with a full tang like this it's easy to spot. Be careful though, it is easy to take off too much material overall while trying to make one side match the other.
thumbs.gif

Nice looking knife. I really like the wood. If there were one thing I could say that I noticed it would be the knife's symmetry. When I look down a knife from the back to the front or vise/versa, I want to see a perfectly straight blade and the same amount of handle material on both sides of the blade. More material on one side than the other isn't as easy to tell in a hidden tang, but with a full tang like this it's easy to spot. Be careful though, it is easy to take off too much material overall while trying to make one side match the other.
thumbs.gif

thanks, i actually hadn't noticed that until i posted the pics. i was focused on the grain at the top of the scales. i have since evened them out :20:

Back