KGA Knife Show August 28th Are you going to be there????

calharkins

KGA Knife Show August 28th You Should Have Been There!!!!

KGA will have it's annual knife show on August 28th in Tulsa at the Tulsa Civic Center Conference Hall. I was there last year and really enjoyed it. I planned on having enough knives ready to have a table, but that didn't happen. As KGA's unofficial photographer I will be taking pictures and posting them on Knife Dogs when it's over.

Are you going to be there??

Last edited:
Hours are 10am to 7pm raffle knife made by Mastersmith Ray Kirk and sheath by me. Three more giveaway knives- one for attendees and knives for buyers at the show. Our own Bill Coye, Billy Helton,and myself are a few of those that will be there. More info at www.theknifegroup.com

KGA will have it's annual knife show on August 28th in Tulsa at the Tulsa Civic Center Conference Hall. I was there last year and really enjoyed it. I planned on having enough knives ready to have a table, but that didn't happen. As KGA's unofficial photographer I will be taking pictures and posting them on Knife Dogs when it's over.

Are you going to be there??

I will be there Cal but I wouldn't take my picture, I cant be responsible if your camera breaks you better stick with taking pics of mike, ray, Allen, Ryan, RAY, and the rest. I would like to say thanks tho for being or Photographer it will be nice to have a designated pic guy.I think they nominated you to run the video camera to. I get to take the trash out aint I lucky I havent found the smiles so( Im grinning) See ya there

I will be there Cal but I wouldn't take my picture, I cant be responsible if your camera breaks you better stick with taking pics of mike, ray, Allen, Ryan, RAY, and the rest. I would like to say thanks tho for being or Photographer it will be nice to have a designated pic guy.I think they nominated you to run the video camera to. I get to take the trash out aint I lucky I havent found the smiles so( Im grinning) See ya there

Hey Billy, with my limited knife making skills, the only thing they will let me do is take pictures! :3: Maybe in a few more years I will get good enough they will let me have a table.

Are you bringing Cody? If so is he going to have any knives? I have only met him once, but I like that kid!

HEY, THE REST OF YOU GUYS IN THIS AREA GET A TABLE OR COME BY AND HAVE A LOOK AT THE KNIVES. (yes I know I was yelling, I was trying to get your attention!):biggrin:

Everything is firming up nicely. We have the table arrangement set up and will have charts for the table holders. We have a Lee Ferguson knife for a giveaway for buyers. Bill Post and David Monneyham have graciously donated knives to be giveaways for attendees to the show.
For those who need to know. We have tried years past to do radio,newspaper, magazine, internet, and flyers to promote the show. It seems this year the internet and several spaceboards we have around Tulsa have done more than anything we did in years past. We will see show day. Come out and join the fun.

I call them spaceboard because they are half billboards 24 by 20 instead of 40 by 24. All the info there

Last edited:
I will have a few available for the show. Here is one of the latest I have been able to get ready for my table
CPM154 stainless blade with 416 stainless guard and mammoth ivory handle.

Attachments

• 1818.jpg
    1818.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 13
It is over for another year.We had a good crowd and sold knives. It is always amazing the quality of work that you see.I have said before we are a very diverse group in the KGA and have a quality group come for the show. David Anders, Steve Culver, Ray Kirk, Ron Newton, and Brion Tomberlin(5 mastersmiths) all come. Whiskers Allen, Lee Ferguson,Gary Crowder,Jerry mcClure and Bill Kennedy all bring their finest folder work for sale. TO ME IT IS JUST AN AWESOME SHOW. Now back tothe drawing board to make it bigger and better for next year. Thanks to all the came , Buyers, Sellers, Suppliers, and All. Mike

I sure don't want to forget the great job Chuck Ward does for us in the photography area.

Top shelf operation all the way Mike.

A big Thank You to you, Ray Kirk and all of the others behind the scenes to make this happen.

Well done!

BC

I keep waiting on the pics from Calvin:)
We did have a good show and as usual, some sold a lot and some didn't sell. I hate it when there is anyone that didn't make a sell and wish there was some way to make sure it didn't happen. I have made a couple shows that netted zero sales and it is very disheartening. We will try to find a better place for next years show with "Lots Of Free Parking" and very easy to find.
If you didn 't get to make it, it will be on August 27th next year with the same hours.
We had two winners of the attendees drawing that I was unable to contact due to email problems. They are John Day and T. J. Gosnou?. If any one knows how to get in contact with them, have them go to the web site for the show and click on the email address, kniffers@theknifegroup.com .
Thanks to all that attended, you are why we do it.

The buyers premium winner of the Lee Ferguson knife giveaway---------- got his ticket from buying a Bill Coye knife.

Cal just got home and will soon be posting some pictures from the show. I hope I did not damage the camera too much when he took my picture.

Last edited:
Mike
Do I have to be a member of KGA to get a table for yalls show,or is it open to anyone.I have some friends in Tulsa and might come up for next year.
Stan

Stan PMed you

One of our finest moments in the show was the announcement of our 18 and under winner award that went to Gayle Nickles.
13 year old Granddaughter of Jerald who sold a black lip damascus blade and bolstered folder for her first sale. She did make it. I have seen her in the shop making screws on the lathe. She did amazing work.

I am going to post pictures. Not all will be tonight. I will start again tomorrow. First I want to apologize to the people who had tables that I don't have pictures of. My son just had a procedure done to his throat the day before the show. He was in severe pain and I had to leave early and did not get every table or all of the demonstrations. Again I apologize for that but I had to do what I had to do.

Sandy-Mammoth-Ivory.jpg
Sandy McClure's GiraffeBone.Com Table with lots of giraffe bone, exotic woods, and mammoth ivory
Logan-Pearce.jpg
Logan Pearce and his wife at their table of good lookin knives
Bill-Coye.jpg
Bill Coye making a sales pitch.
Beau-Erwin-Table.jpg
Beau Erwin and his dad Jed at their table. He has some forged beauties and Beau-Carta and Stabilized Burl
Sandy-McClure.jpg
Sandy McClure at her table. She wasn't sleeping, the flash got her. She has some beautiful supplies!
Coye-Table.jpg
Bill Coye at his table. He has an awesome EDC knife
Keith-Murr-Table.jpg
Keith Murr and his wife at his table. A real friendly fellow with good looking knives!
Sandy-Mammoth-Ivory.jpg
More tomorrow. I gotta get some sleep:52:

Last edited:
oh brother I don't know why you think the guy in front with the bald head and all the customers should be shown so much?? Les Jorge was on his shirt????????????

Keep them coming Cal

Your picture is coming tomorrow Mike!!!!
What a great bunch of guys!
I am happy to be associated with all of you.

Back