A few for starters…EDU (1w/ Black Ash Burl), Chopper & Skinner

Eric Ochs

Howdy! For those of you who don’t know me my name is Eric Ochs and I live in a great small town in Oregon called Sherwood. Thus the name…Ochs Sherworx. You may have notice me as I have been on KnifeDogs for several months now. I have been seriously making knives on a commercially basis since early 2009. Currently I am a part time maker and I have been busy taking care of orders, trying to catch up on photos, working on updates to my webpage, developing some folders and trying to keep up with a five year old daughter and her wonderful Mother. I figured it was time to start posting stuff here.

As an outdoor orient individual I have found S30V a favorite especially in the Oregon coastal mountian rainforests where I often hunt. I also have done work with CPM 154CM, CPM 3V, D2, 8A, 14-4, and Cru-forge V. All the sheaths I make too. Here are a few knives I have done recently.

First two Knifes: Osprey
Blade (Both): CPM S30V flat ground satin finish with Paul Bos Heat Treat; 5/32" width; 4" blade edge and rounded/polished back edge.

Handles: (first) Black Ash Burl (This is from the Boss' and great stuff to work, sorry the pics do not do it justice but I tried) with black liner, mosaic pins, brass thong tube and guard pins.

Thanks for checking the knives out.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Second Osprey Handle: Dark Brown Micarta has been polished on sides to create contrast and has a yellow liner, mosaic pins, stainless thong tube and guard pins.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Chopper and Skinner (good edu too)

Next: The Trailblazer
Blade: CPM S30V flat ground satin finish with Paul Bos Heat Treat; 5/32" width; 10-1/2" blade.
Handles: Mountain Mahogany, mosaic pins, copper thong tube and 416 stainless bolsters/pins.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last: Kestral
Blade: CPM S30V hollow ground satin finish with Paul Bos Heat Treat; 5/32" width; 3-1/4" blade with rounded and polished back edge.
Handles: Carbon Fiber with finger groove, red liner, mosaic pin, stainless thong tube and guard pins.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Nice knives Eric. I like Black Ash Burl too. Dozier
I gotta ask, What is the pic in your Avatar?

Here you go!
This is the flight of Beulah frisbee bound hound (half black Lab & half Australian Sheppard). Blaze (half choc. Lab & half German Shorthair) in persuit. It is a little hard to tell here and I don't want to sould like I am making a tall tale here but Beulah's head is over 6' off the ground. Actually she used to take the fribee out of my hand when held over my head (I am 6' tall) from a standing jump. She is ten now so we avoid this activity for her now. :2:

attachment.php

Thanks again guys and Ernie I am way behind in posting pics so I will try to get more out there this week!

Thanks,
Eric

Last edited:
Back