Manicure anyone? Not every knife needs to be big and tactical :)

papi

Hey guys,
i just got this in the mail - the owner sent it to me to have the scales tightened and glued down, cause they came a bit loose with use.
Yeah, i almost forgot - i made this two years ago, a customer of mine ordered it as a Christmas gift for his wife :)
I used an ST96 (i think that's the number of it) PTS movement as a prop, a nice little mechanical movement, a 6497 ETA clone. I have a couple of these to get parts for ETAs from them, cause they are identical, nicely made, and much easier to get, than the original spare parts for ETAs.

What you think? :)

IMG_5334.jpg

IMG_5337.jpg

IMG_5339.jpg

IMG_5340.jpg

Thank you for looking, take care
Ondrej

I like your comparison to a watch, very appropriate, and nice work, cool the way the file hinges too.
Two years ago? You've probably advanced since then, show some other work?

The more I look, the more I see details I like. The knife as a whole, is elegant without being gaudy, and totally functional. It combines proven features and techniques with top-shelf materials and some clever innovations. That, sir, is one heck of an EDC!

Mark is right, showing your knife with a fine watch was a great idea... both have small details and craftsmanship that really capture the eye and imagination.

Thanks guys, the truth is, when i was finishing the knife, it was a day before Christmas, with the customer breathing down the back of my neck, and i didn't even have the time to take the pictures of it. Now that i have it back for maintenance, i finally have the time to play with it, and i'm really inclined to make another one :) With my new and improved tools and hopefully skills too, what could go wrong, right? :)

The prop there is not really a fine watch, it's just a movement, but its proper Swiss brother will be in a watch i'm making in a couple of days, so stay tuned :)

Nice work as usual Papi. It fits together really well and is very unique. Thanks for showing it.

Pat

Back