Thanks for looking, please comment.

Attachments

• lovess style hunter 7-10 003.jpg
    lovess style hunter 7-10 003.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 72
  • lovess style hunter 7-10 001.jpg
    lovess style hunter 7-10 001.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 107
That is a very good looking knife Mark. I will say that is one of my all time favorite fixed blade designs. You have done an excellent job on it. The sheath looks real good for a first attempt.

I plan on making a few loveless designs myself soon.

My first impession was that you really nailed the Loveless profile. After looking at the pic for a minute it appears that the handle has almost no contour to it. I may be wrong but it appears very flat and blocky. It is not a widely accepted practice to point out things which may be taken as negitive on web sites like this but I can't help thinking about how much better looking that knife would be with a well contoured handle. I don't intend to offend. I just wanted to suggest that you round things off a little more on your next one. I think it would greatly improve the appearance of the knife.

Mark,

Looking fantastic !

I love the 2-D profile of the knife but would like to see some contour to the handle and guard. Subtle changes can have a HUGE impact on the looks and feel of the handle.

IMHO I'd like your makers mark on the ricasso more than on the side of the bevel. Purely a personal preferance thing and there are knives where I like the mark on the bevel but typically if there's room for it on the ricasso I like it there best.

Sheath looks to be well made and very functional. I've gotten away from using both glue and spring clamps for gluing up sheaths. I much prefer using contact cement, letting it tack up good and squeezing my parts together by hand and holding for a few minutes. When using the spring clamps though I always used scraps of thick leather to protect the sheath from getting marked up by the clamp.

For someone's first sheath... AWESOME work !

Your stuff is looking great and I'll say to you what others said to me ... JUST KEEP MAKING KNIVES !

-Josh

John,Stabber, wdtorque thanks for your kind comments, I appreciate the feed back.

Squawsach, my pics don't show the contour, I'll post some more.

Josh, Thanks for the tips on the leather work, i messed up with the clamps.
The logo on the blade is where Lovelessss put his and I was trying to reproduce his work as accuratly as possable.

I finally got a good etch following you guide posted to js machines wip, Thanks.

Attachments

• loveless hunter 004.jpg
    loveless hunter 004.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 24
  • loveless hunter 003.jpg
    loveless hunter 003.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 19
  • loveless hunter 002.jpg
    loveless hunter 002.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 17
Back