Knife Pistols Available?

isaacj

Hello All,
I'm officially hooked on Pistol Knives. I own a couple Merriman and am on the waiting list for a one-of-a-kind from Bruce Bump. Can anyone tell me where I may find some other custom beauties while I'm waiting for Bruce's masterpiece?

Thanks,

Isaac

Well Hello Isaac,
I dont know if Alden emailed you yet but I gave him your email address. Alden has finished his first one, a 22 cal from a set of my plans that I handed out at a hammer-in several years ago. To my knowledge he is the only person to ever finish one of my designs. He emailed me a couple pictures and it looks very nice. If you want his email address, let me know.
Bruce

Oh how i would love to get my grabby paws onto those plans :) The cut&shoot has been on my to do list for a long time now...

Ondrej

Alden sent me these two images to post. I'll give him this link and coax him in for some additional info. He didnt send a pic of the blade in the closed position yet.

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

Knife Pistol

IMG_0005.jpgIMG_0019.jpgBruce, Isaac, thanks. The knife pistol is a .25 cal percussion cap. It is inspired by Bruce's plans, but is sized down and reshaped. The bolsters are wrought iron that came from the old blacksmith shop where I got my anvil (the guy I got it from was the son of the blacksmith,who had settled there in 1892). The slabs are desert ironwood from Arizona. I made every piece from scratch with the exception of the nipple and the screws ( which each have been modified) I hot salt blued all the steel parts (except the blade). The hammer I hand checkered and the trigger I coined.
I am in the process of building the presentation case for the gun and accessories.
This is my first folder.
I will post some more photos later this evening.
Thanks
Alden
Here are a couple more pics.

Last edited:
Simple and elegant. A very good example for your first project. Looks awesome. I'm having some designs myself made up and will share once i finish them. Did you get a chance to see my video review for the Merrim knife pistol?

Isaac, I attempted to view your review several times, and could only see a few seconds of it.
I got the finish put on the presentation box for the knife pistol today , and am working on the interior of the box.
I will post some photos when i get it finished.
Thanks
Alden

Exploded view of knife pistol !!

Here is another photo of the knife pistol. It is an exploded view. It does not have all of the parts in the photo, believe it or not! I will post more photos tomorrow.IMG_0455.jpg

Check back, I will show some Work In Progress photos in the next few days.

Click on Image for larger view.

Thanks for looking.
Alden

Last edited:
Merriman knife pistol available if interested??

Hello All,
I'm officially hooked on Pistol Knives. I own a couple Merriman and am on the waiting list for a one-of-a-kind from Bruce Bump. Can anyone tell me where I may find some other custom beauties while I'm waiting for Bruce's masterpiece?

Thanks,

Isaac

Isaac-

I have a Merriman knife pistol that I would be willing to part with if you are interested? mbpage2329@yahoo.com

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Bruce,

It's been a very long time since we talked. I've noticed a lot of coverage of you and your Knife Pistols. I'm curious do you have any patents on your work? Have you filed any? I'm not an attorney but I do a lot of work in protecting patents and thought of you recently.

Isaac

Hi Isaac
Nice to see you back here again.
I don't have any patents on anything. I've done allot of "work in progress" threads and encourage folks to make a cut n shoot using my tips and methods but not to try and make one exactly like mine. I know I can't do anything about it if they do copy one but that's what it will be....a "copy". People should make an original.

Bruce,

It's been a very long time since we talked. I've noticed a lot of coverage of you and your Knife Pistols. I'm curious do you have any patents on your work? Have you filed any? I'm not an attorney but I do a lot of work in protecting patents and thought of you recently.

Isaac

Isaac,
Hello!
I am a culinary knife maker & pal and friend to Bruce though we have never met in person.
Though I completely admire and respect all of the planning, thought & craftsmanship that goes into these cut & shoots of Bruce's making, the technology is rather dated, so to speak.

Though I am sure it's possible? I don't see any patents holding up on black powder single or more shot percussion weapons that are married to sharpened steel. These percussion caps and lead balls are off the shelf. The ped & lock system's have been with us for Many Many years and that is where the true beauty lies.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Last edited:
Hello All,

Thanks,

Isaac

In case you haven't seen any of the WIP photos on other forums, Steve Culver is in the process of making a cut & shoot entirely from damascus. It should be QUITE THE PIECE!

Gary

Back