I have the worst headache!!!

Mike Jones

Google Master
I've had a headache off and on for about a week now, and today is probably the worst so far. I got home from school feeling really tired, so I slept for about an hour. When I woke up, I could barely open my left eye because it hurt so much. It was just a horrible throbbing pulsing PAIN on my eye, around my eye, and behind my eye.

I decided that while I waited for my excedrin to start working, I'd draw my pain for everyone to see. I didn't spend too much time working on it (maybe an hour total) but it helped to take my mind off of the pain. Now the pain is pretty much relieved and I'm done with the drawing. Here's the inside of my head! Feel free to ask questions about what stuff is in the picture! (the striped things on the sides of the eyes are the normal muscle. The black dots are bombs)

painvy.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I'd know exactly what that was with out any explanation :D Thats exactly what I looked like when my daughter was 16 and pulling some of her normal crap, then one eye (the one with the bombs) would start twitching.... I'm serious, other people actually witnessed it on several occasions.

Now whats really wrong with this picture is, I'm pretty sure you don't have a 16 yr old daughter, so where is all this stress coming from?

Now whats really wrong with this picture is, I'm pretty sure you don't have a 16 yr old daughter, so where is all this stress coming from?

I don't believe it's humanly possible for a 16 year old to have a 16 year old daughter... :p

I've been sick for a while (couple weeks), but the headaches, especially this bad, have been very recent.

Take that picture to your doctor and explain to him how you feel. Maybe it's something serious or maybe nothing at all... but get it checked out.

Im not a doctor bro but it sounds like allergies. I have been miserable the last few weeks here in Indiana. Go get checked out by a doc.

I gotta throw the Critical Care RN/Paramedic flag on this one ~

Go see a Doc.

Too many of the symptoms you describe are troublesome....

...maybe allergies....maybe not.

BC

I'm with Bill. You could have high blood pressure and not know it or you could just have bad eye strain or muscle strain. Its been said that a high percentage of head aches are on the head not in the head and this from the muscle strands all around going up from neck and jaw all over and around the head. Tension builds and just thinking of things clinching your jaw can cause TMJ which can lead to head aches. Still though. Go get checked. Have em draw some blood, check your BP and while at it have your PSA checked (unrelated) as most people don't mention that when having blood work.

STR

I have a condition called trigeminal nueralgia , which is similar to what you are describing ! It can be very serious the pain is off and on . If it hurts your jaw and teeth , I would see a Dr Quick it effects these nerves . sometimes I have to go to ER for a shot of dilaudid , the pain totally incapacitates me .sometimes my left eye kills me ? Then goes away just as fast . It effects these nerves . Bubba-san

Last edited:
I'll be going to the doctor sometime soon to get it checked out, since a headache on and off for a week is just not right.

I'm not ruling out allergies, but I haven't ever had signs of any before, so I'd say it's probably not those. Also, bubba-san, I have had no pain in my jaw/teeth.

Thanks for your concern guys.

Thats good , although initially it was an eye headache that hurt right in the corners of my eye . Thats why I thought you were having some of the same symptoms. If the teeth start hurting or jaw pain . dont walk , run to the doc. good luck ...... Bubba

Headaches have been a part of my life for almost 40 years, having them daily for most that time, until I come across a neurologist that new what was going on and new the right medication to give me. This was about 7 years ago when I got rid of the headaches just like Mike has in his drawing, right behind my eye. The Dr. said they are called cluster headaches.

It is important to get to a Dr., you might want to think about seeing a neurologist.

Thats good , although initially it was an eye headache that hurt right in the corners of my eye . Thats why I thought you were having some of the same symptoms. If the teeth start hurting or jaw pain . dont walk , run to the doc. good luck ...... Bubba

I'll keep an eye out for any mouth pain involved. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Headaches have been a part of my life for almost 40 years, having them daily for most that time, until I come across a neurologist that new what was going on and new the right medication to give me. This was about 7 years ago when I got rid of the headaches just like Mike has in his drawing, right behind my eye. The Dr. said they are called cluster headaches.

It is important to get to a Dr., you might want to think about seeing a neurologist.

I will probably be going to the doctor tomorrow to see if he can't find anything. Hopefully they have a simple cause, or at least I can get some decent pain meds for them.

Back