Pattern for fishing/fillet knife

Sean Jones

I've been looking for a pattern for a fishing/fillet knife for my second knife. I've found patterns but none for a fishing/fillet type knife.

Any ideas? I've sketched some ideas of my own out but I'd like to have a proven pattern to at least see if my own pattern is proportioned correctly.

Thanks

I found no patterns when I made my first. I just looked at the rapalas from walmart and got an idea of the thickness, width, and length of the blade. I also looked at the handle sizes for ideas. Then I made it in my version. Good luck and post some pics.

Frank,

That's a good idea.

I have today off so I'll do some looking.

I'll definitely post some pics when I'm done.

Thanks

Wow..hey thanks GLWJ/CK I can see now I was going to make the point too thin on mine.

Appreciate it.

Check out this site.

http://www.jayfisher.com/Custom_Knife_Patterns.htm#Page_1

I did not see what you are looking for, but there are about 2 million patterns on this site.... OK, 200. Cool site. Lots of other great stuff to.

Thanks for the link.

I thought about using some of these but I didn't want to infringe on his copyright. As a former photographer I'm pretty straight-arrow about copyrighted works. He does say you can e-mail him for permission. So I might do so in the future.

He's got a lot of cool stuff :)

Thanks again

Back