Not to good to ask

v-6

Well I'm not to good to ask for help.
some background.
I hand sanded a 1095 blank to 2000 and i took it to the buffers and it is still cloudy when i take it out in the sun light, inside great , see my face good enough to shave. has anyone got or know of a video tutorial about buffing.
Any help on this would be nice. yes i"m humble.
vern :confused:cry me a river 1

Last edited:
What are you using for a buffing compound? 2000 grit is finer than a lot of the compounds. Green chrome was the compound I liked the best when I used to do a lot of buffing.

2000 grit will about get a mirror finish from what I have seen, and I have the same question as Raymond; what grade are you buffing with?

Also, can you get pics of what you are talking about?

Charlie

Sometimes some Semichrome or Flitz polish is all you need to remove that last bit of cloudiness. Give it a try

A light buff with pink no scratch will remove the haze,or as stated avove some time simi chrome is all thats needed.
Stan

What are you using for a buffing compound? 2000 grit is finer than a lot of the compounds. Green chrome was the compound I liked the best when I used to do a lot of buffing.

Ray , I use it and after that i clean it off with actone and then i use pink rouge on a loose buffing wheel.
vern

Ray , I use it and after that i clean it off with actone and then i use pink rouge on a loose buffing wheel.
vern

Sounds like your doing it the right way. Are you sure you've got 1095 and not D-2? Its been years since I have done any mirror polishing but I remember people saying D-2 was close to impossible to mirror polish. Does the blade have an orange peal look now?

Let me run something by you guy's. it seems I am using the same stuff as you all, so that makes me thing that i might be burnishing it. you know to much power on the buffer.
what do you think of this thought?
vern

Back