Second knife (kind of) complete

Fletch Helical

This is the second knife I've completed but it's about the 6th or 7th in terms of the order it was made. I have a few others from heat treating waiting that were done before this, plus a couple still on the shelf for HT and a couple still waiting to be finished forging. This was ment to be a Fathers Day present which I started entirely too late... But better late then never I guess, but still loaded with mistakes :eek:. Naturally I didn't get completely centered behind the spine shot so the handles look goofier than they should.

It was designed to be more of an EDC type knife, and now on to the specs:

Steel: ATS 34
Handle: Redwood Burl (from Burl Source)
OAL : 7 1/2
Blade 3 1/4 (sharpened edge)

knife038.jpg

knife039.jpg

knife045.jpg

Very nice design. I actually have an almost-identical design on the workbench. It's amazing how that happens!

I think you did great on the execution. The grind looks very neat and clean, and I like that choice of wood - I haven't seen it used before, but it's quite attractive.

Looks like a great EDC, but would be a great knife to have on my side during deer season as well. I can SO see that critter separating a hide from meat...

I too like the wood, but the overall shape trips my trigger...

Charlie

Looks darn good Fletch,
I like the profile and the wood!

I say...............Keep up the good work and keep them coming2thumbs

I see what you're say about the centering, but honestly, that's a very fine knife. Looks like it would work well as EDC or bushcrafter.

Back