Blue book of guns

Ernie

Have you tried any of the gun forums?

Or looked for a comparable gun on gunbroker.com?

Might try that.

Hard to find accurate info on the gun forums that I know, Checking gunbroker would be hard to.

What I am looking for is the value of

Winchester Model 1894ae 30-30 Brand New in the box with papers in the shipping box dated 1984.
The rifle has never been shot or left out of the box. The original owner bought it and stored it in a safe.

The other is a Remington 870 Wingmaster, 12 gauge 2 3/4'' only Never fired in original box with papers We are thinking this one is pretty old because the winchester was the last gun the person bought, so he bought the 870 prior to 1984.

Ernie,

You might want to find a local appraiser, particularly for the Winchester. That will give you the most accurate idea of what it is worth. My best guess based on the information you've provided would be that it's worth around $2K.

The 870 would probably go for much less, I'm thinking about $500.00

I'm no gun expert but from my general experience those are the ball park figures I would be expecting to see.

Guns are like knives and jewelry though. The appraised price might be totally different from what you can actually get.

Personally I would keep them, especially the Winchester. Nice rifles :)

Oh thanks all, I got the values.

Actually a lot less than what I thought but the collectors will like them a lot more.

They are not my guns but a close friend just received them and was wondering what to insure them for. The guns will go to his son..............unless I can talk him out of the Winchester:eek::D
I am a sucker for a lever gun!! I want every one I can get my hands on:cool:

Ernie, Don't give much for that Winchester, the new angle eject Winchesters like that aren't worth much and are not collectible. I picked up a near new one like that a while back for 175 bucks. They make a good cheap truck gun you can throw behind the seat and not worry about if it gets scratched up. When our local Wal-mart was last selling them I think they were something like 369 brand new. That was in the last 4 or 5 years. It's probably not worth more than 3 or 4 hundred now. I see decent ones on tables at gun shows all the time for under 300.

The Wingmasters are desirable though, that is the one I would try to talk him out of.

Ernie, Don't give much for that Winchester, the new angle eject Winchesters like that aren't worth much and are not collectible. I picked up a near new one like that a while back for 175 bucks. They make a good cheap truck gun you can throw behind the seat and not worry about if it gets scratched up. When our local Wal-mart was last selling them I think they were something like 369 brand new. That was in the last 4 or 5 years. It's probably not worth more than 3 or 4 hundred now. I see decent ones on tables at gun shows all the time for under 300.

The Wingmasters are desirable though, that is the one I would try to talk him out of.

Thanks!!

The Wingmaster is going to his son for sure, I am not a big fan of the remington 870's either. I am a huge fan of lever guns though:D
I doubt he will get rid of it but I am going to try my best:eek:

The Wingmaster is a lot better than the newer 870's. Look for pre 64 Winchester lever guns, that's when the changes were made. You can still pick up pre 64 model 94 carbines in good shape for the 500 range if you look around and are patient.

Ernie, I use to buy and sale guns,And still deal in them when I have the cash. Ive had many Remington shotguns. I would say without looking at the shotgun, $300-$400. The rifle ?
They are not collectors,but good hunting guns.

The Wingmaster is a lot better than the newer 870's. Look for pre 64 Winchester lever guns, that's when the changes were made. You can still pick up pre 64 model 94 carbines in good shape for the 500 range if you look around and are patient.

The wingmaster is not of much use to me really. Its a 2 3/4 only and has no choke. I know that i can buy a different barrel. I would rather just go and buy a mossberg. I only really hunt waterfowl and turkeys. We think the wingmaster is old enough where it was not made for magnum loads and steel shot.

The Winchester, if I got it would be shot right away. I don't think I casn own a gun that has never been shot:eek:

I am not a collector and probably never will be. :D

Back