This makes me so mad...........

"The horns are also used in the Middle East to make handles for ornamental daggers."

Has anyone seen these handles? Pretty cruel to let them bleed to death.... Why don't they just shoot them? Helicopter has to make plenty of noise anyway so a gunshot isnt going to matter.....

Soon there will be none, unless they get control over the poaching now.

That's a cryin' shame! I support legitimate, sustainable hunting 100%. I can even understand if someone takes a deer out of season to put food on the table in hard times.

But killing for pure greed is a rotten sin. Tranq guns and helicopters? That's not someone just trying to feed their kids, it's organized crime :mad: Damn them and the heartless so-and-so's who create the market for such things.

I hunt for food only, I have never even hunted for a trophy kill. I have seen animals lying with a hind quarter cut off or the antlers, the rest rotting in the sun. It really gets to me. To read about endangered animals killed for a horn or tusk really burns me.

A lot of people allow the all mighty dollar to erase their conscience.

Larry

Just for the record, I have no problem with antler, horn, snakeskin, ivory, pearl or any other animal-derived material being used to make beautiful knives and sheaths. As long as it doesn't involve senseless suffering and possible endangerment/extinction of a species!! That's the part that makes me see red.

We all have to think about where such materials come from. Thankfully, all the makers I know of are pretty clear about that. A whole lot of them belong to groups that support conservation.

I ask you all to share this topic with your kids/grandkids and talk about it. Most of you have already taught them this stuff, but it couldn't hurt to mention it again.

I agree, I don't care what natural material is being used for what...............as long as it is being harvested legally and rightfully.

I mean heck If it were legal to use rino horn I would like to give it a try. But until then I feel it is wrong. Now if it is something like pre ban Ivory go for it. But illegal ivory2guns

Just for the record, I have no problem with antler, horn, snakeskin, ivory, pearl or any other animal-derived material being used to make beautiful knives and sheaths. As long as it doesn't involve senseless suffering and possible endangerment/extinction of a species!! That's the part that makes me see red.

We all have to think about where such materials come from. Thankfully, all the makers I know of are pretty clear about that. A whole lot of them belong to groups that support conservation.

I ask you all to share this topic with your kids/grandkids and talk about it. Most of you have already taught them this stuff, but it couldn't hurt to mention it again.

Right on James. It's important that we teach our young about these things. I use many animal parts in my crafts, feathers, hides, bone, antlers, etc. but only if I know the rest of the animal was used in the right way. I am very careful where I get my materials and my children have been taught too.

Larry

Back