Ancient Fish Hooks

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
attachment.php

Made these for my kids today. Pronghorn Antelope and Imitation Ivory.
Thanks for looking.
Steve

Attachments

• hook1.jpg
    hook1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 330
  • hook2.jpg
    hook2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 77
  • hook3.jpg
    hook3.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 85
  • hook4.jpg
    hook4.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 86
I like em alot, the pronghorn looks like it could be made of wood but with a lot more depth, they are really are cool good luck

That is awesome Steve.

Would that happen to be some of the Pronghorn I sent you?
Do you sell them?

God bless,Keith

attachment.php

Yes, that is the prong blade you sent. it is curved nicely just like a real hook.

Giving these to the kids, but am making some for orders. next batch is mammoth and recon mother of pearl.

Steve

Attachments

• hook5.jpg
    hook5.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Sweet!
I carved a pair of ebony,double-ended Maori fish-hook earrings for my Mom a few years back,with abalone inlay.
I love the simple,ancient elegance of this style of art.
Very nice work man!
I can't wait to see the mammoth!!!

I saw Tom Lehman walking off the course today at the British Open wearing one very similar.

Did you send him one?:D

I didn't send him one but I will send him a bill, thank you very much.

Check out this dremel-knapped carbon fiber arrowhead. I'm thinking of burying it in the front yard just to conuse future archeologists.

attachment.php

Attachments

• carb hd1.jpg
    carb hd1.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 90
They look really cool Steve. I made some hearts for my nieces a while back from acrylic handle material. I'm REALLY digging that arrowhead though 2thumbs. I keep telling myself I'll make one for myself one day but not sure if it'll come out that good. I actually considered getting into knapping knives prior to using steel.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys,
Ive got a couple mammoth ivory projects coming up and I'm making more from the cutoffs. I'll post some up for sale then.

Hey Fletch, I'm also doing some broadheads from bone and Ivory.

Steve

It's a piece of .250" thick carbon fiber left over from a set of scales. If anything sets around here too long it gets dremelled or carved.

Back