Blade Blog

I read your story and saw the video. I'll be blunt because I respect you, and you can take it... I thought it was a little strange. BUT it's your own business, and I 100% support the project because I know you did it out of love.

We scattered my mother's ashes in/along the Spirit River, where our ancestors settled when they first came to America, and where she and I both spent a lot of time in our childhood. (the land is still in the family) Anyone with a heart can understand why. It was technically illegal ("improper disposal" or some such nonsense, the funeral director told us) but I don't care. Her brothers/sisters and I all agreed Mom would have liked it that way, that's all that matters to me.

IG, that is the biggest bunch of ,,,,,,stuff,,,,that I have ever seen. Where do they get off criticizing how someone else shows their love and respect. When you and I discussed it I felt that a lot of thought and a lot of yourself went into that knife.. I know that you never look at that knife that you don't think of the love and good times that you had. I also know that there is no way that, for you, you could have done better. Let others do it the way that fits them and you and I will not show our disrespect for their beliefs.
My wife has requested that her ashes be scattered over our horse pasture. I have donated my remains for organ donations, then for medical study. My family gets nothing back to dispose of. I'm through with it and if it can help someone else, great! When you all learn that I'm gone, drink a beer, or two, or three. Do it alone or with a group. Just don't weep and go on about it. It happens to the best of us.

Now let them complain about that and leave you alone.

Your wife would have been the first one to tell you to do it..it's all good IG..

Let others do it the way that fits them and you and I will not show disrespect for their beliefs.

Damn straight.

I want to be cremated with my favorite guitar and at least one good knife, much like my Viking/Celtic forebears, and my family knows that. Symbolically, my spirit will have music and a tool/means of defense in the afterlife. Is that "legal"? I don't give a hoot.

My family can do whatever they wish with the remains, I trust them to decide how they want to remember me. When I pass on, I will go to meet my Maker and nothing anybody says or does will change His judgement. It's nobody else's concern!

IG, from reading the responses, I know that I have no need to read the blog to know what is going on. When I initially read of your project with the ashes I was touched. I thought that it was great that you had found a way to immortalize your memory of her. In fact, when I told Nadine your story, her eyes welled up in tears as she told me what a beautifull gesture she thought it was.

You followed your heart. To heck with anyone who can't support or understand your decision.

IG,

She was your wife...she already knew how you thought and acted. I'm sure she loves what you did and still loves who you are.

IG, I've already told you how I feel, but for others, here it is: Only you would know what Helen would want and how she would want to be remembered. She suffered far more than a person should ever have to and she deserves to know that you think of her every day. God Bless her - may she rest in peace. Denny

Good on you IG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go IG!!!!2thumbs It sure is your business what you would like to do. That Billet sure turned out Great too;)
Tell us Knifedogs about the billet you and Larry will be doing. That sure will Keep you beloved Wives together for Ever!!;)

Back