Can we have a drumroll please-Mr Bad Example is a winner.

Awesome,way to go you lucky dog!
Of course,you're gonna have to post pix of that in use;
(ya gotta read the fine print ya know ;))

Awesome,way to go you lucky dog!
Of course,you're gonna have to post pix of that in use;
(ya gotta read the fine print ya know ;))

Oh, yes, I'm wicked excited! :D

I'm rearranging my shop a bit and will post up some pix of this in use ASAP.

I've been wanting a bubble jig for a while now but being out of work for the summer just couldn't quite swing it.

I've said it a couple times already, but again, many thanks to Fred for his generosity!

Regards,
Michael

Congrats. Guess I'll have to keep entering and in the meantime keep saving my pennies. Gonna have to get one of these sometime soon.

Charlie

Yeah Charlie, like last week.
You will kick yourself that you waited so long.
If you can't reach behind you to do the kicking, come on up and I will kick it for you....or just come on up and use mine on a couple of blades and you will then call Fred real quick.

Burton, sorry that I didn't get that blade. I'll just sign up for the next one when you put in a damascus blade. Thanks Buddy.

Burton, sorry that I didn't get that blade. I'll just sign up for the next one when you put in a damascus blade. Thanks Buddy.

Thanks Wayne. Maybe the next one will be damascus we'll have to see! Congrats Michael. Post up some pics as work progresses. -Burton

Thanks Wayne for using the boot and for your kind words.2thumbs
I'll be seeing you at Troy.

Mr. Shepherd there will be a jig for you when you are ready to order.cool 1

Burton,
Thanks for using your skills at the forge so the winner, of the contest, could have a great blade to grind on. And; You have good rhythm when forging. 2guns
Must be your teacher.:D

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to participate. It was fun.:D Fred

Burton,
Thanks for using your skills at the forge so the winner, of the contest, could have a great blade to grind on. And; You have good rhythm when forging. Fred

Wow, I was so excited about winning the Bubble Jig I totally forgot about the steel :eek:

Thank you, Burton! Had a look at your web site and you've got some awesome looking knives. I hope I can do justice to your steel.

Regards,
Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Michael. You're gonna love it, I've also just found out it's a neat little thing to have even when sharpening. I ground my edge with it, then used the bubble to keep the angle consistent on one of my sharpening stones. Keeps the blade angle perfect as you're making your passes.

Thanks Michael I am sure you will do great with it. Fred, Wayne is requesting a forged damascus knife next time so get the billet together and lets do it:) I need to get back down there in the near future anyhow. -Burton

Back