Custom 1911 .45 & Flipper

Curtiss Knives

KD Founding Member #1, Knifemaker
Remember "Mr. Spooky"? Well he has a new buddy. Mr. Kimber. I made these grips for the owner of Mr. Spooky and I had to try them out on my Kimber first...:rolleyes: I made the grips from 1/4" Ti plate, fully contoured, dovetailed and all the rest of the goodies. I will be offering custom grips with each knife I build as an option or I'll just do a set one off. I'm thinking either in Ti or aluminum. Well, what do ya think??? mo money

Attachments

• pics 005.jpg
    pics 005.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 77
  • pics 006.jpg
    pics 006.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 42
  • pics 007.jpg
    pics 007.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 53
  • pics 008.jpg
    pics 008.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 39
  • pics 009.jpg
    pics 009.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 41
I just ordered a 1911 because Les George wouldn't let me sleep at night for not having one. I need some of those grips now...

Nice looking Grips.
Yep, alittle spiffin' will make it POP Boss. A friend of mine has many .45s of several flavors,
and the Taurus had the best out of box trigger, YRMV. A good value. Dozier

I've got a Taurus 9 that I've run thousands of loads through and never had a problem.

I don't mean to hijack the thread here, but I'm a nut for 1911s too. Here's my DW CBOB - just in case yall needed pics ;)

These are sarge grips - www.thefinergrain.com - great guy if you ever deal with him-
wn1.jpg

And these are the thin carbon creations grips I usually have on it for carry-
newgrips1.jpg

If you check out the carbon creations site or the Tussey Custom site, they have some Tussey Custom 1911's with damascus slides. Man I really want one of those cool 1

Those grips look great Dave. I need a set of custom grips for my Kimber.

Congrats on the purchase of the 1911 Boss. I've never fired the PT1911, but I have read alot of really great reviews on it.

Back